The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OllieGCSEs
This answer is more appropriate for seatbelts and airbags i think - crumple zones are designe to absorb some of the energy from a collision

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, I made these notes around the mark scheme as this question came up in 2010 sometime
Original post by yodawg321
I don't know, I made these notes around the mark scheme as this question came up in 2010 sometime

A seatbelt question came up in May 2010, maybe you've confused the two - i'm not saying what you mentioned is wrong, however it's a perfect answer for an airbag or seatbelt question, so you might want to throw in 'absorbs energy' just to set it aside from the airbag/seatbelt answers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
How do you define the joule and watt?
Reply 123
Any videos for this module? Anything similar what examsolutions.net does for maths but for physics mechanics?
Original post by rfka
How do you define the joule and watt?

The joule is the unit of energy and is the work done when a force of one newton moves its point of application by one metre. i.e. 1J = 1N *1m

A watt is a measure of power (work done per unit time) and so 1W = 1J/1s or in words 1 Watt is when 1 joule is expended per second.

Added stuff for Ogley
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 125
Does anyone have any model answers for car safety chapter?
Such as crumple zone, seat belts, what effects braking distance etc. ?
Original post by OllieGCSEs
This answer is more appropriate for seatbelts and airbags i think - crumple zones are designed to absorb some of the energy from a collision

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's pretty much what the answer says.... seatbelts are mostly about keeping you in the car so that you don't hit the windshield airbags are designed to slow you down gradually:smile:
Reply 127
Original post by yodawg321
Where does it say about series and parrallel in the spec? Can't find anything about it

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81024-specification.pdf

I'm not sure. I remember seeing a few past questions on it and we always did an experiment on it in class. I think it is on the specification somewhere, where though is a mystery. Just make sure you know it..
Reply 128
Original post by ChloeB43
I'm not sure. I remember seeing a few past questions on it and we always did an experiment on it in class. I think it is on the specification somewhere, where though is a mystery. Just make sure you know it..

Under 1.3.4 it says:

Students can carry out experiments to find the relationship between force and extension for a single spring, springs in series or parallel, rubber, polythene strip, etc.

It doesn't say we need to understand to, but it is included.
Reply 129
Original post by dakenSoren
Hmmm from some gentle stalking I think we have a quite a bit in common: programming, computers, chemistry, maths, further maths, gym :biggrin:
You hoping to do CompSci or something at Uni?

haha yeah or electronics engineering.
it could be done though, i dont have the knowledge to do it :frown:
Reply 130
Original post by dakenSoren
Here is those long word question answers

i ****ing love you dude
Reply 131
Original post by P!=NP
Any videos for this module? Anything similar what examsolutions.net does for maths but for physics mechanics?

check the first page/post of the thread -.-
Reply 132
here you go bitchess
I've been revising almost daily for this exam. Why can't I revise today?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? Help someone
So what do you need to know for the springs in parallel and in series?
Reply 135
What formulas are not given in the exam?
Original post by Vorsah
What formulas are not given in the exam?

look up the ocr A physics data sheet, you'll see what you're given

does anyone know how to answer question 3)d)i)2) on june 2012?
Original post by Kreayshawn
look up the ocr A physics data sheet, you'll see what you're given

does anyone know how to answer question 3)d)i)2) on june 2012?

mgsintheta=ma so a=mgsintheta/m ----- a=gsintheta -- sintheta=a/g you just worked out a in the previous part and its just plug and chug from there
Original post by blackstarz
mgsintheta=ma so a=mgsintheta/m ----- a=gsintheta -- sintheta=a/g you just worked out a in the previous part and its just plug and chug from there

thanks that makes sense - mark scheme skipped putting "m" in either side of the equation so i was confused as to how they got there
Just read the examiners report, nobody got 60 in this exam in January! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending