Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Realising you like someone and then not having a clue what to do now. watch

ReputationRep:
    So I don't know how many people I am relating to here, but recently - within the last few weeks I have finally realised I like this girl. But it seemed to have happen at the most awkward of times - as always, typically.

Okay, so the story is simple. I am in a society at uni. Was helping out some new members and this one girl I got on with reasonably well. From helping her out we have sort of become friends. I''ve messaged her on facebook a few times and the conversations have lasted for days at some points - they are long messages back and forth rather than a chat. The convo is light hearted and jokey always. Although she takes her time replying. Basically, my uni has just split up for holidays so I am home until May. The last evening of term, I bumped into her on a night out - drunkenly got talking and somehow swapped stupid snapchat names rather than phone numbers during an hour or so of chatting. I was going to ask for her number come the end of the conversation but forgot as we got asked to leave the bar because it was closing and we all sort of dispersed with our groups of friends. The next morning she agreed to meet me to help me out with some recording thing (not important) despite being really hungover and we hung out for a bit before we left.

So now I am home. We snapchat daily - i know how lame that sounds - even though we still aren't overly close, although she still takes her time replying to things. But I'm not sure what to do? I can hardly ask her out, I won't see her until Im back in May. Also, I don't want to keep messaging her on facebook. I'm just conscious of making it obvious to people that I like them. Do I just continue the way it is? To top it off, this girls looks are way out of my league. Everyone who see's her comments on how pretty she is. So, I realised I liked her when i got annoyed at comments like that, because i also like her personality. As you may have noticed, I'm **** with girls and have no clue what I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say back off a bit for now and then when you're back at uni ask her out for a drink. You'll also need to decide whether you'll want to be friends with her if she doesn't want anything more.

ReputationRep:
    Dude why don't u just wait till next year and keep contact obv not firstly what year are you in just ask her out maybe but it's exam revision time if I was you just be confident and ask her out for a drink or lunch we or after the society thing as her then just ur hungry wanna to for coffee or something idk Or go clubbing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalKrish)
    Dude why don't u just wait till next year and keep contact obv not firstly what year are you in just ask her out maybe but it's exam revision time if I was you just be confident and ask her out for a drink or lunch we or after the society thing as her then just ur hungry wanna to for coffee or something idk Or go clubbing?
    That hurt my brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalKrish)
    That was confusing.

OP, just wait till you're back at uni. Or, perhaps text her a few days before you go back and ask her when she's going back. Then arrange to meet up. Stay in contact till then, after all you DO want her to know you like her. Just maybe back off a bit, take time responding to her messages as she does to yours. Cool it a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    okay yeah i definitely don't want to seem obsessive that isn't good! I will lay low for a bit and keep it cool. Hopefully things will work out well. I will drop her a message when Im coming back to uni or something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.