Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of the products for weight loss? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.What do you think of the products for weight loss? I have problem with overweight, and i want to use weight loss product. Give me some effective?

ReputationRep:
    if these products actually worked then they would be on the shelves of every pharmacy in the world and the inventors would be household names; they would not be sold in tiny stalls in shopping centres or through spam e-mails.

ReputationRep:
    Its fake. Don't fall for these things, its all about your nutrition and doing sports! Eat well, work hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The majority of products for weight loss are either ineffective or mostly so. I'm sure there are diet pills which doctors issue which can have some effect (a friend of mine was prescribed some due to her weight, to assist her getting down to an operable size for a gastric band - no idea what it was though, I know it wasn't available over the counter) but the majority seem to claim effectiveness by stimulating the metabolism (which in theory should work, but in reality the effect is miniscule). Ultimately any direction you go in, you'll probably end up losing a lot of money and not a lot of weight. Even those which claim good science are dubious; as others have said, if they worked that well you'd know about them.

It might not be ideal, but as someone who went from 18st to 12st using them, the best weight loss products are a pair of trainers and a bike. They'll also help address the underlying health issues a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone trying to lose weight just a tip I read about...have a teaspoon of honey mixed with a teaspoon of lemon juice. This helps to burn off fat naturally. I haven't tried it because I haven't needed to so can't confirm whether it works or not, but it's worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a product called Gym which is pretty good. Varies in price and requires commitment and willpower.

ReputationRep:
    I know a product who is very effective! The name is lipovon, very quality product!

ReputationRep:
    I can't say anything about this product. Look for more information in google. There is have everything.

ReputationRep:
    There is a pretty effective weight loss product known as 'dietol'. For maximum results combine with 'exercitrate'.

ReputationRep:
    There's this new miracle solution for weightloss called 'diet and exercise' but shhh. don't tell anyone about it because apparantly it's still a secret.

In all seriousness though, the only healthy weightloss solution is a healthy diet in combination with regular exercise. 'Wonder drugs' might get rid of the weight short term but you're always going to put the weight back on if you're eating an un-healthy diet. I used to be really fat until someone told me to look at dieting in a different way: Instead of dieting to lose weight ie. counting calories and cutting portions, focus more on wanting to become healthy and feeling good through eating healthy foods and you'll find you lose weight in the process. Of course healthy people have un-healthy treats from time to time but it's all about moderation plus when you're eating healthy all the time it makes that un-healthy treat taste even better when you have it.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're a waste of money tbh. The best way to loose weight is controlled diet and exercise. Slow steady weight loss is the healthiest way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Diet and Exercise are basicly everything you need. But there are also some suplements that help shred some fat.
    I only take Whey Protein. But this isn't necessarily to burn fat - it's to feed the muscles and therefore increase the base metabolism.

There are some natural suplements like: CLA and L-Carnitina that help to get some fat off naturaly. (No secondary effects)
    There are also some thermogenics like: Thermobol for example. They are not natural since they have caffein. (Some secondary effects mainly from caffein)

ReputationRep:
    I am agrees with all of you, but healthy diet there is no success for me. For this I looking for another solution to the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't trust any product that promised a miracle or instant results. I agree with everyone else the best way to stay fit is to exercise consistantly and to eat a healthy balanced diet, with everything including "bad" food in moderation.

ReputationRep:
    Lipovon is really effective! I used it before 9 months, and I managed to lose 6 kg of my weight. This was fantastic result for me!

ReputationRep:
    Tell me how exactly act is this lipovon. Because I don't believe in this type products.

ReputationRep:
    Use clenbuterol.

ReputationRep:
    Eat clen, tren hard. But seriously stop looking for quick fixes, exercise and consistency are key

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesik)
    Tell me how exactly act is this lipovon. Because I don't believe in this type products.
    Lipovon acts by suppressing hunger, increases metabolism. This is the main action. Need to be taken with more water!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellsteapot)
    The majority of products for weight loss are either ineffective or mostly so. I'm sure there are diet pills which doctors issue which can have some effect (a friend of mine was prescribed some due to her weight, to assist her getting down to an operable size for a gastric band - no idea what it was though, I know it wasn't available over the counter) but the majority seem to claim effectiveness by stimulating the metabolism (which in theory should work, but in reality the effect is miniscule). Ultimately any direction you go in, you'll probably end up losing a lot of money and not a lot of weight. Even those which claim good science are dubious; as others have said, if they worked that well you'd know about them.

It might not be ideal, but as someone who went from 18st to 12st using them, the best weight loss products are a pair of trainers and a bike. They'll also help address the underlying health issues a lot better.
    Probably a lipase inhibitor, you can get them OTC as well; I think the most popular one is Alli.

They're not something you can just pick up and lose weight though, they stop you from breaking down fat in the gut by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for doing it. This means fat doesn't get absorbed and just comes out the other end, in worse cases as steatorrhea.. If you eat your normal ****ty diet and take lipase inhibitors, well, you're gonna have a bad time.

(Original post by jeniferta)
    Lipovon is really effective! I used it before 9 months, and I managed to lose 6 kg of my weight. This was fantastic result for me!
    First, 6kg in nine months is nothing spectacular. In fact, it's below what you could realistically achieve with only a moderate diet change. In nine months I would expect around 30lbs/14kg or so of fat to be lost. Second, that product is a load of rubbish and isn't proven to do anything.

(Original post by bertstare)
    Use clenbuterol.
    Don't do this either. This isn't BB.com or muscletalk, you can't advise people on these boards to use stuff like clen/ECA stacks etc without it ending badly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.