Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which one would you firm? Why? Like academic performance wise, i.e. course structure, teaching methods, entry standards, lectures, clinical exposure etc. Thanks :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, there are a few threads on this...If you look back over pages 2-5 of this forum, you should find something to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teethy:D)
    Which one would you firm? Why? Like academic performance wise, i.e. course structure, teaching methods, entry standards, lectures, clinical exposure etc. Thanks :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd suggest you make a list of pro's and con's for each dental school to help you choose.

I can only really comment on Newcastle.
    Newcastle is mainly lecture based with some small groups seminars. We also have quite a lot of practical sessions particularly for Anatomy.

During first year you shadow fourth year students in the afternoon's for a few weeks- this is the only clinical exposure you really have in first year.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle. Bristol is very old fashioned and needs to update its teaching style to get with the times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brahinmanc)
    Newcastle. Bristol is very old fashioned and needs to update its teaching style to get with the times.
    Old fashioned as in? Traditional? Cause I never like PBL anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teethy:D)
    Old fashioned as in? Traditional? Cause I never like PBL anyways.
    Newcastle isn't PBL anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brahinmanc)
    Newcastle isn't PBL anyway.
    Yup I know. Then how is Bristol old-fashioned compared to Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.