Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink so I don't go clubbing. I never chat people up at work in fear of a lifetime of embarrasment.
    I just keep going to dating sites and the chat fades after a few messages or say i send out 600 messages to get 10 replies then it fades.

Are girls on dating sites just too picky. I mean what can I do instead? Go out, but i can't just stand outside trying to talk to people. I get on well with people when I do have a job but I'm temping all the time.

Good ones seem to be taken way back.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to chat people up at work, if you get on with them ask them to go for a drink sometime, maybe as a group of people from the same workplace to begin with. Also, when you go out for a drink it doesn't have to be alcoholic, you shouldn't let things like this get in the way of you meeting new people. Plenty of people don't drink but they will still go out clubbing. Are you on dating sites that try and match you up with people who have similar interests to you? If you're not then maybe you should try one of these and you might get more replies. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19ebony93)
    You don't have to chat people up at work, if you get on with them ask them to go for a drink sometime, maybe as a group of people from the same workplace to begin with. Also, when you go out for a drink it doesn't have to be alcoholic, you shouldn't let things like this get in the way of you meeting new people. Plenty of people don't drink but they will still go out clubbing. Are you on dating sites that try and match you up with people who have similar interests to you? If you're not then maybe you should try one of these and you might get more replies. Hope this helps
    Thanks I've come to the conclusion that most girls want bad men who treat them badly at least here anyway.

One thing that happened when I tried at work once: this girl I started talking to about who walks down 7 floors on her lunch, i said like that's good and i kept saying hi when i saw her and did small talk.
    I then gave her some chocolate, that put her off straight away.
    Another week I see a girl crying with her supervisor and I give her some water and she comes to me later with a cupcake, we're still friends.

Sometimes we do strange things, it's only love at first sight if you overcome their strict criteria at least online anyway lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.