Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am doing BIOLOGY Unit 2/4/5 in May/June. I was wondering if anyone has useful brain storms, posters, revision tips for me.

I am mainly struggling with Respiration, Photosynthesis, ATP, and most of UNIT 5
    x

ReputationRep:
    What I find helps is rather than trying to revise it as separate units try and link them

For example
    DNA, meiosis, mitosis, variation in unit 2 links with the genes and alleles topics in unit 4 - all of these are related to the DNA chapters in unit 5
    So I'd revise an entire section of DNA rather than just a small section for each one individually

Hope that made sense :L

Just re-read the post:

You need to understand ATP so make notes on it - how is it made, from which two molecules, name of reaction that splits it, why its useful and what processes it is used for

Respiration and photosynthesis - draw the cycles out using a textbook, write some key notes aswell then sit and understand the processes of what's happening in each cycle
    After 10 minutes of doing this put it away.
    Get a clean sheet of paper out and draw as much as you can from memory DO NOT LOOK AT THE SHEET YOU'VE ALREADY WRITTEN THINGS ON FROM THE TEXTBOOK
    the next day go back and see which points you missed
    Spend another 10 minutes re-reading the cycles (made using the textbook) and repeat the above steps

Honestly if you do this every day until you remember and UNDERSTAND everything you've written down you'll find the application of knowledge far easier

Wish I'd figured this out at the beginning of my A-levels, I just dived into past papers and didn't understand what I was writing, but now I understand what's happening, I'm sure you will too

Feel free to PM me if you need any more help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.