Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate PE. But my school made me do the Fast Track GCSE even though I'm not remotely athletic so now I have this exam, which I may revise for that morning.

Is there anyone else in Y11 who is doing this exam and has others (especially B3 on the same day) around that time, and although they hate the subject want at least an A to keep in line with other results.

Other's thoughts would be gratefully received.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same position as you when i did fast track GCSE P.E in year 9 & 10. I did OCR, although achieving full marks in both exams and high marks in the crappy controlled assessments. Still received a high grade B due to practical. The practical marks are extremely hard to achieve well in - their were regional netball players receiving 15 out of 25. I did however received full marks in personal survival. I despised p.e and it is the only B i have achieved at GCSE compared to my others which are A/A* so is really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, at least there is/was someone in a similar situation.

I'm doing AQA, so no Controlled Assessments for me (I hope) but I got an A* in a mock which I didn't revise for, although that was most probably dodgy marking. As you say, practical is my biggest downfall; table tennis, football, dodgeball are my favourites, although I am doing D of E.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The exams are easy in my opinion and i have no doubt that if you have common sense and do a tiny bit of revision you will do well in them. I find it annoying how the practical is able to pull you down by so much and they expect you to be gold medal standard to achieve a good mark! Just make sure you teacher submits the marks for the sports you are best at. My teacher decided to enter me for personal survival, fitness, rounders and netball despite me being shockingly rubbish at netball and rounders! I hope that a poorer grade in P.E will not pull me down in the future

ReputationRep:
    Doubt very much that it will, unless you want to do something related to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandaman7771)
    Doubt very much that it will, unless you want to do something related to it?
    HaHa no way...

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your teacher submits your best marks because the pratical for AQA can cost a huge drop in your grade. Have you had your pratical moderation yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.