'Ding Dong the witch is dead' enters download top 40 Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/d...s-chart/054264

Haha... Kinda unexpected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Repugnant.

ReputationRep:
    What a shame music's not as good or subversive today as it was when she was in power!

(Original post by How)
    Repugnant.
    Rubbish, Mags would have approved, she believed in speaking your mind, not mincing words for the sake of "society's" approval. And she revelled in opposition: it plainly made her all the more convinced she was doing something right.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Stay classy Britain
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's unnerving how readily we make light of the death of one of our own PMs.

ReputationRep:
    Top 10 now.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as how Justin Bieber, Nikki Minaj and their like can earn #1 these days, my surprise at this song being in the charts is non-existent.

Its like a new hipster trend, they need to die.

ReputationRep:
    Just something I saw in an article on the Guardian website

Many noted how much she enjoyed arguing with those of opposing views. Tony Benn, former Labour cabinet minister, remembered her at the funeral of Labour MP Eric Heffer:

I was asked to make a speech and, as I was waiting, there was someone behind me coughing. It was Mrs Thatcher, and at the end I thanked her for coming and she burst into tears. She had come out of respect for someone whose opinions she disagreed with.
    It's maybe the last thing she'll leave us with, that she was better than those celebrating her death.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  3cd8a33a.png
Views: 104
Size:  117.8 KB

EDIT: to clarify, it is for the context. No matter what you thought of her policies, one should never rejoice in the death of the most influential prime minister since Churchill, or any human being for that matter. Neg away, but that's the truth. Her legacy will live forever, and she will be remembered long after you are all in your cold, cynical, pop-leftie graves. RIP Baronness Thatcher.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair it's a pretty good song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    What a shame music's not as good or subversive today as it was when she was in power!

Rubbish, Mags would have approved, she believed in speaking your mind, not mincing words for the sake of "society's" approval. And she revelled in opposition: it plainly made her all the more convinced she was doing something right.
    There is political opposition and there is downright vulgarity.

ReputationRep:
    Most influential PM since Churchill??? Have you guys not heard of Clement attlee

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with that song? Regardless of it being popular because Thatcher died it deserves to shine. Good song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heshop)
    There is political opposition and there is downright vulgarity.
    Thatcherism is still happening actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)

Oh thats good she would have approved of my opinion that its completely pathetic and says alot about the lack of morals of the left wing in Britain
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Currently at number 2.

ReputationRep:
    I do truly worry for Britain's future if we, as a nation, are so quick to rejoice over a death. Regardless of what you think of her policies one should not rejoice in her death. RIP Baroness Thatcher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana39223)
    Most influential PM since Churchill??? Have you guys not heard of Clement attlee
    Churchill defeated Attlee in the 1951 election and was PM for another four years so I suppose it depends where you count from.

I think it is sad people are celebrating the death of an elderly women. Despite what your political allignment is someone has died and her children have lost their mother. She hasn't been in power for over two decades so it isn't even as it would drastically make any policy changes.

I believe the fact people have nothing better to do than to throw parties and celebrate an old person dying says more about them than her.

ReputationRep:
    I can remember people on here making fun of a young person who killed herself and from what I can remember she never got the same respect thatcher got. Hypocrites. If George Galloway died tomorrow you'd all be laughing.

ReputationRep:
    This is all you can expect from the left. They've shown themselves in their true colours; they're a vile bunch.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.