Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi !

I want to buy a liquid foundation as I have never had one before, but I dont know what the best type is for my skin type etc.

I dont have any spots as my skin is clear, with the exception of my eyes as I tend to get dark circles occasionally and I have veiny eyelids.

I dont want a caked on look but I do need good coverage for round my eyes and the exceptional spot. My cheeks can also look quite red sometimes so I would want that covered too.

My skin is quite oily on my forehead and nose but the rest of my skin is normal/ dry

I want a foundation that isn't really light but not too heavy

If this is a difficult request then if you know a concealer or powder or something that works alongside a foundation to get my look.

Thanks sooooo much !!!

ps right now I am using the L'Oreal true match concealor in No.4 beige and the Maxfactor Facefinity compact foundation in 03 natural

also I have fair/nude coloured skin with dark eyebrows and hair (just in case you needed that info as well)

ReputationRep:
    I like Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, I normally put on a thin layer all over my face and then build it up where I have redness or a spot, it's really good for building up without looking cakey
    I use the Garnier roll on concealer for under my eyes which lasts for ages
    Fave powder is NYC smooth skin powder (so cheap and so good!)

I find that the foundation has a glowing, natural finish which is nice for my drier areas but the NYC powder is good for the oily areas which don't need any extra glow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    Hi !

I want to buy a liquid foundation as I have never had one before, but I dont know what the best type is for my skin type etc.

I dont have any spots as my skin is clear, with the exception of my eyes as I tend to get dark circles occasionally and I have veiny eyelids.

I dont want a caked on look but I do need good coverage for round my eyes and the exceptional spot. My cheeks can also look quite red sometimes so I would want that covered too.

My skin is quite oily on my forehead and nose but the rest of my skin is normal/ dry

If this is a difficult request then if you know a concealer or powder or something that works alongside a foundation to get my look.

Thanks sooooo much !!!

ps right now I am using the L'Oreal true match concealor in No.4 beige and the Maxfactor Facefinity compact foundation in 03 natural

also I have fair/nude coloured skin with dark eyebrows and hair (just in case you needed that info as well)
    What's your budget?

I'm on the lookout atm for a foundation that gives good coverage but that is actually beneficial to my skin, so I'm leaning toward BareMinerals.

If your budget is about £20ish then going to a Mac/Bobbi Brown/Benefit etc counter is probably your best bet, they can work with you to work out your best colour and type of foundation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allthetime)
    What's your budget?

I'm on the lookout atm for a foundation that gives good coverage but that is actually beneficial to my skin, so I'm leaning toward BareMinerals.

If your budget is about £20ish then going to a Mac/Bobbi Brown/Benefit etc counter is probably your best bet, they can work with you to work out your best colour and type of foundation.
    I dont have a budget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco_madem0iselle)
    I like Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, I normally put on a thin layer all over my face and then build it up where I have redness or a spot, it's really good for building up without looking cakey
    I use the Garnier roll on concealer for under my eyes which lasts for ages
    Fave powder is NYC smooth skin powder (so cheap and so good!)

I find that the foundation has a glowing, natural finish which is nice for my drier areas but the NYC powder is good for the oily areas which don't need any extra glow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you soo much !!

I will definitely look out for these products and will try them out !

ReputationRep:
    Hi !

Thanks sooooo much !!!

A really good liquid foundation is the MAC face and body. It is quite light coverage giving a very dewy finish. If you layer it with concealer then it can cover the parts you want to conceal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasha_11)
    A really good liquid foundation is the MAC face and body. It is quite light coverage giving a very dewy finish. If you layer it with concealer then it can cover the parts you want to conceal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you so much I will try it out.

I dont know if you have tried it before but what is your opinion on the chanel foundations ?? that was recommended on a you tube vlog but I dont know if it would be good for my skin type.

any ideas ??

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much I will try it out.

I dont know if you have tried it before but what is your opinion on the chanel foundations ?? that was recommended on a you tube vlog but I dont know if it would be good for my skin type.

any ideas ??
    The only one I've tried is one of the compacts. It was ok, but nothing to rave about. I prefer mac as they have a lot more colours which suit me (when i got my chanel compact it was the darkest colour and still didn't suit me) and a lot of types for different skin types. If you go to a mac counter and tell them your skin type, they'll be able to recommend a foundation good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasha_11)
    The only one I've tried is one of the compacts. It was ok, but nothing to rave about. I prefer mac as they have a lot more colours which suit me (when i got my chanel compact it was the darkest colour and still didn't suit me) and a lot of types for different skin types. If you go to a mac counter and tell them your skin type, they'll be able to recommend a foundation good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok thank you so so so so so much !!!

My compact foundation I am currently using is nearly finished so as soon as it runs out I will go to Mac and try one of their products.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you have combination skin, and need a light-medium coverage foundation that's build able around the areas you sometimes need more coverage, for under your eyes I'd recommend a Bobbi Brown corrector (honestly, they're AMAZING!) and concealer. I've just written a little about the brands you've mentioned.

I'm a big fan of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but it is a difficult one with colour as they don't do many shades of it the lightest one is too dark for me, and the darker ones are often not dark enough for some people, so if you fall between those you might get a match. I tend to dislike Chanel's shade range in all their foundations, but I do love this formula though, it's beautiful and it feel like you have nothing on, it great on many different skin types too.

MAC foundations are also hit and miss, I prefer their lighter formulas, and I quite like Studio Sculpt, the shades are hit and miss as there is variation across the foundations (your shade in one is different in another formula)

I personally love Bobbi Brown foundation, Skin is a lovely one and so is moisture rich, colours tend to be on the yellow toned side, but it does work for a large number of people, their lighter shades aren't super yellow toned though.

YSL Touche Elcat foundation is nice too, great colour range too, needs to be set with a powder though or it feels a little 'tacky' throughout the day.

I used to work for Estee Lauder company so worked across their brands, and worked part time for Chanel for a while too, I'm also just a make up addict so if you have any questions I'll try my best to help you. If you want some good reviews, you should check out Make Up Alley.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.