Turn on thread page Beta

DRUGS. Legalisation + have you taken them??? watch

ReputationRep:
    As gordon brown unveils his stability budget i turn to think about how the legaisation of drugs may benefit the uk taxwise. it would mean police have more time to concentrate on other crimes such as robbery etc and also go out on the beat.
    many surveys have been taken about the amount of people who have used illegal drugs. honestly now.... have you taken them, are are you a regular user and do you think drugs should be legalised?
    A to make them safer
    B to get tax from them to improve other services
    Is it worth legalising them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    As gordon brown unveils his stability budget i turn to think about how the legaisation of drugs may benefit the uk taxwise. it would mean police have more time to concentrate on other crimes such as robbery etc and also go out on the beat.
    many surveys have been taken about the amount of people who have used illegal drugs. honestly now.... have you taken them, are are you a regular user and do you think drugs should be legalised?
    A to make them safer
    Im sorry to tell you this but i dont think most users will just tell everyone there habits....seriously.....i can say i have the odd smoke now and again....i see alot of drugs because im constantly conviscating the from people who enter my bar!

ReputationRep:
    i agree most users probably wont. thats not really what im interested in. im more interested in whether they think drugs should be legalised and their views on why. a view on why they should would be to raise more tax.

ReputationRep:
    i agree most users probably wont. thats not really what im interested in. im more interested in whether they think drugs should be legalised and their views on why. a view on why they should would be to raise more tax.
    but you asked them to be honest and admit what they have taken....read the first post.....you must have written it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Also if you look back i have multiple threads on the same question......quite a big thread actually. Look for threads i have posted and you should get it! Alos my opinion hash should be legalised and txed.....just like ****!

ReputationRep:
    A to make them safer
    I am a lesbian and have taken drugs before. Answer your in-depth survey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I am a lesbian and have taken drugs before. Answer your in-depth survey?
    *rolls about in laughter*......sorry

ReputationRep:
    You can't legalise drugs it would be insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    You can't legalise drugs it would be insane.
    explain why not????

There's that much available already if you know the right people so why not legalise it and make a few billion in tax and run a few drug dealers thast abide the system out of buisness??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    explain why not????

There's that much available already if you know the right people so why not legalise it and make a few billion in tax and run a few drug dealers thast abide the system out of buisness??????
    It would increase the amount of drug users which wouldn't be good for society.
    Give children the idea that drugs are safe.
    How many people would pay tax on drugs if they can get them without tax from the same dealers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    It would increase the amount of drug users which wouldn't be good for society.
    Give children the idea that drugs are safe.
    How many people would pay tax on drugs if they can get them without tax from the same dealers.
    Like most of the population isn't drug users already....plus i think you'll find most new users do it partly BECAUSE its illegal!! Also you do know that there are drugs in most schools i the country....Im gonna say the same to u as the last gut go look at my legalise hash thread....that will explain that it would have the same concepts as alcohol...minimum age, cant smoke while working(same as alcohol), and cant be sold after certain times. Also have you ever dealt with dealers?? I think you will find that depending on who you know it would be cheaper in stores! Just now dealers can charge what they weant because if you dont like there prices and dont know anyone else who deals where you gonna go...my point exactly, you haveno choice but to pay what he wants for the merchandise!!

ReputationRep:
    Most of the population aren't drug users. Not the kind of drugs you are discussing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Like most of the population isn't drug users already....plus i think you'll find most new users do it partly BECAUSE its illegal!! Also you do know that there are drugs in most schools i the country....Im gonna say the same to u as the last gut go look at my legalise hash thread....that will explain that it would have the same concepts as alcohol...minimum age, cant smoke while working(same as alcohol), and cant be sold after certain times. Also have you ever dealt with dealers?? I think you will find that depending on who you know it would be cheaper in stores! Just now dealers can charge what they weant because if you dont like there prices and dont know anyone else who deals where you gonna go...my point exactly, you haveno choice but to pay what he wants for the merchandise!!
    From my experience most of my friends have never done drugs because partly the illegality, If they were legal more people would be encouraged to try them.
    Why are you proposing to furthur promote suicide, we already have smoking which is suidcide we can do without other methods of killing ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    From my experience most of my friends have never done drugs because partly the illegality, If they were legal more people would be encouraged to try them.
    Why are you proposing to furthur promote suicide, we already have smoking which is suidcide we can do without other methods of killing ourselves.
    suicide.....hows that suicide. My honest opinion you haven't got a clue. Who are you to judge something you haven't tried. I may be in the wrong here but how could you possibly give an opinion on something you have never tried. I aint talking about class A or B drugs.....im talking about CLASS C (which if you know falls under the same duristriction as paracetemol)....hash. You can say what you think but it is a rubbish, biased opinion!!!

Also sorry if this offends anyone...i just simply cant stand people thinking there right about something they only know from what they've been told or read in a book!!!!

ReputationRep:
    explain why not????

That few billion would just be spent by, for example, the NHS which has a responsibility to treat those critically ill after using drugs, the government authority which is responsible for offering unemployment benefit to those whose addiction means that they can't find anybody who wants to employ them, the police who will have extra work cracking down on crimes such as theft and violence by those who can't afford to feed their growing addiction... etc. etc.
    Doesn't sound like much of a solution!

ReputationRep:
    suicide.....hows that suicide. My honest opinion you haven't got a clue. Who are you to judge something you haven't tried. I may be in the wrong here but how could you possibly give an opinion on something you have never tried. I aint talking about class A or B drugs.....im talking about CLASS C (which if you know falls under the same duristriction as paracetemol)....hash. You can say what you think but it is a rubbish, biased opinion!!!

Also sorry if this offends anyone...i just simply cant stand people thinking there right about something they only know from what they've been told or read in a book!!!!
    I'm not saying i'm right, yes it is my opinion.
    As for the suicide thing, the definition of suicide is The act or an of intentionally killing oneself - smoking is a proven method of killing yourself prematurely hence I refer to it as suicide.
    I have never tried drugs and don't intend to however that doesn't remove my right to have an opinion on them as I have seen their effects on a personal and social level. In my opinion leagalising drugs would cause more problems than it would solve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger)
    That few billion would just be spent by, for example, the NHS which has a responsibility to treat those critically ill after using drugs, the government authority which is responsible for offering unemployment benefit to those whose addiction means that they can't find anybody who wants to employ them, the police who will have extra work cracking down on crimes such as theft and violence by those who can't afford to feed their growing addiction... etc. etc.
    Doesn't sound like much of a solution!
    Again you's all think im talking about class a and b's.....read what i said. Im talking about cannabis.....the one drug which is the least dangerous, a pain killer and is needed by some poeple for medical reasons! Course i dont wanna legalise smack etc.......thats is suicide and complete filth and my opinion on that is if someone takes that they should be put in jail not reabilitated!! I have a firm opinion on that aswell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I'm not saying i'm right, yes it is my opinion.
    As for the suicide thing, the definition of suicide is The act or an of intentionally killing oneself - smoking is a proven method of killing yourself prematurely hence I refer to it as suicide.
    I have never tried drugs and don't intend to however that doesn't remove my right to have an opinion on them as I have seen their effects on a personal and social level. In my opinion leagalising drugs would cause more problems than it would solve.
    Oh.....sorry....we have a different meaning of suicide.....yes i dont agree you can have an opinion. Maybe it will cause more problems but maybe it wont....we'll just have to wait and see!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Most of the population aren't drug users. Not the kind of drugs you are discussing anyway.
    I am talking about HASH!!!!! CLASS C!!! NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Again you's all think im talking about class a and b's.....read what i said. Im talking about cannabis.....the one drug which is the least dangerous, a pain killer and is needed by some poeple for medical reasons! Course i dont wanna legalise smack etc.......thats is suicide and complete filth and my opinion on that is if someone takes that they should be put in jail not reabilitated!! I have a firm opinion on that aswell!
    Sorry, I didn't get that message from your first post
    I agree that laws on cannabis should be eased up - I've been in court and heard a judge how much he didn't want to have to penalise an MS sufferer for using it.
    However, how sure can we be that cannabis use if not going to lead onto use of harder drugs?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.