Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised that magic mushrooms (prepared) are class A drugs.

ReputationRep:
    Why not legalise- and tax- every drug? When designer chemists invent a new one, examine it, find the effects, say what they are and allow it to be sold.
    Drugs and drug-addiction in themselves do not often kill people. What does kill people are the side-effects of drugs being illegal.
    Addictive drugs are the ideal item of capitalist commerce. Addicts provide a guaranteed market, the fact that they are illegal means you can make high profits and you don't pay taxes. You can afford to pay well to dispose of competitors and bribe, intimidate or kill officials. Governments and police also have an interest in drugs being illegal. They can demand extra money and powers for the "war against drugs". The people who suffer are addicts who spend most of their time trying to get drugs or the money to pay for drugs and the public who are burgled/mugged/menaced by the addicts.
    Legalise all drugs and there would probably be an increase in the number of addicts and users, but they would live longer, be able to do other things than look continuously for drugs and there would be a healthy tax income to the state.

ReputationRep:
    i dont see why people need drugs?????? no offence to the users among us but why do you need them to make your life better.
    isnt that just pointing out you cant have fun without the effects of the drug on your body.
    doesnt it prove you are pretty sad not being able to have fun without the effects of drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1y2)
    i dont see why people need drugs?????? no offence to the users among us but why do you need them to make your life better.
    isnt that just pointing out you cant have fun without the effects of the drug on your body.
    doesnt it prove you are pretty sad not being able to have fun without the effects of drugs.
    Tut, what do you mean you can't see the need for drugs? Friggin weirdo, most of us are rehabilitated drug users, to come on this forum and say drugs are pointless, is quite frankly disgusting. You have caused outrage from the drug users amongst us, who are you to say that drugs are pointless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    Like most of the population isn't drug users already....plus i think you'll find most new users do it partly BECAUSE its illegal!! Also you do know that there are drugs in most schools i the country....Im gonna say the same to u as the last gut go look at my legalise hash thread....that will explain that it would have the same concepts as alcohol...minimum age, cant smoke while working(same as alcohol), and cant be sold after certain times. Also have you ever dealt with dealers?? I think you will find that depending on who you know it would be cheaper in stores! Just now dealers can charge what they weant because if you dont like there prices and dont know anyone else who deals where you gonna go...my point exactly, you haveno choice but to pay what he wants for the merchandise!!

You have the choice not to pay, unless you are hooked, in which case it is a bad thing. The trouble is some of my friends are stoning their education away, which is not smart.

ReputationRep:
    Not even class C drugs should be made legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    You can't legalise drugs it would be insane.
    No it wouldnt. It would lead to a healthier, far safer society.

Prohibiting drugs is insane.

And in answer to the other part of your question, I used to regularly smoke cannabis, take ecstasy and I have once tried cocainne. I'm not ashamed of it. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.