Too late to apply for Bristol 2007? Watch

Master plan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was wondering if it was too late to apply to Bristol for Economics starting in 2007. Can someone please shed some light?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sutol)
I was wondering if it was too late to apply to Bristol for Economics starting in 2007. Can someone please shed some light?
Unfortunately, yes. Bristol does not have any economics or economics-related courses in UCAS Extra this year.
Master plan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knogle)
Unfortunately, yes. Bristol does not have any economics or economics-related courses in UCAS Extra this year.
Sorry i forgot to mention I'm applying for deferred entry not ucas extra, so I would effectively be applying for 2007 now.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sutol)
Sorry i forgot to mention I'm applying for deferred entry not ucas extra, so I would effectively be applying for 2007 now.
It's too late to apply this year, regardless of your point of entry. Apply anytime between September 2006 and January 2007, and you'll be fine.
Master plan
Rep:
?
It's too late to apply this year, regardless of your point of entry. Apply anytime between September 2006 and January 2007, and you'll be fine.
thanks again, you really know your uni stuff! The only problem is I'm not sure if i want to withdraw my application
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sutol)
thanks again, you really know your uni stuff! The only problem is I'm not sure if i want to withdraw my application
Since you intend to defer your entry anyway, why not?
Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sutol)
The applications have not even started! UCAS applications for 2007 entry will begin in September 2006 and that's when you can can submit the application. I don't know what Knogle's trying to tell you but I assure you that you have several months before the applications for 2007 entry will even open. If you already hold an offer now from another university, you would have to withdraw the application entirely though. If you don't do it yourself, UCAS will automatically withdraw your current application once it detects that you have reapplied in the next cycle.
Master plan
Rep:
?
Since you intend to defer your entry anyway, why not?
You're absolutely right, but I want to speak to the admissions office at Bristol first.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
The applications have not even started! UCAS applications for 2007 entry will begin in September 2006 and that's when you can can submit the application. I don't know what Knogle's trying to tell you but I assure you that you have several months before the applications for 2007 entry will even open. If you already hold an offer now from another university, you would have to withdraw the application entirely though. If you don't do it yourself, UCAS will automatically withdraw your current application once it detects that you have reapplied in the next cycle.
Just to add:- you are legally bound to declare your previous application number when making a new application. I don't think they have any advanced "detection" mechanisms other than cross-checking the status of your previous application based on the number provided.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sutol)
You're absolutely right, but I want to speak to the admissions office at Bristol first.
Go ahead then. Contact details are all on their website. Now is a good time to call I reckon.. possibly the quietest period of the year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise