Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling with the AS Civil Rights/Russia topic along with the A2 Tudors one. I'd like to try and get a B/C at a-level and was just wondering whether there's a study buddy on here I could possibly ask questions to regarding the exam and whether they'd be able to go over some of the topics with me???

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C178Y)
    I'm really struggling with the AS Civil Rights/Russia topic along with the A2 Tudors one. I'd like to try and get a B/C at a-level and was just wondering whether there's a study buddy on here I could possibly ask questions to regarding the exam and whether they'd be able to go over some of the topics with me???

Thanks
    I do edexcel AS level civil rights and russia and I've being revising a ton so I know quite some stuff. Depends which one though, I do tsarism and Provisional Govt (reaction and revolution) (1881-1924), whilst there is another option for Stalin. and I do pursuit for equality for civil rights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I do edexcel AS level civil rights and russia and I've being revising a ton so I know quite some stuff. Depends which one though, I do tsarism and Provisional Govt (reaction and revolution) (1881-1924), whilst there is another option for Stalin. and I do pursuit for equality for civil rights

Yes I'm doing the Reaction and Revolution exam and I also do Pursuit for Equality. What would you recommend I do to learn the two topics with 4 weeks? I am so scared about the Russia one as I feel like I literally know nothing. Would you be able to perhaps give me an overview of the main things I need to know as my teachers at college are useless.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C178Y)
    Yes I'm doing the Reaction and Revolution exam and I also do Pursuit for Equality. What would you recommend I do to learn the two topics with 4 weeks? I am so scared about the Russia one as I feel like I literally know nothing. Would you be able to perhaps give me an overview of the main things I need to know as my teachers at college are useless.

Thanks
    For Russia you need to know from 1881-1924 (I haven't done beyond 1917 in my class as we aren't doing the Bolshevik consolidation of power, ran out of time)

KQ1 (Changes to the tsarist system of government 1881-1905)
    - The reformer Alexander II and his murder
    - The Reaction from Alexander III and his repressive policies of university censorship, tighter state control and russification
    - The growth in oppositon groups, Social democrats, Social revolutionaries, Liberals and the Bolesheviks/Menshveiks
    - Sergei Witte's economic policies and the economic growth spurt of the 1890's, railways, migration, trade etc
    - The Tsarist government, I.e. administration, how is it run, what impact did it have on the russian people
    - The Causes of the 1905 revolution
    - The 1905 revolution
    - The reason the Tsar survived the 1905 revolution

KQ2 (Dumas, fundamental laws, rasputin, war and the 1917 February revolution)
    - The significance of the duma's, evaluating and analysing the pro's and con's
    - Stolypin's influence on Russia and the state of the russian economy by 1914/1916
    - Impact of the war, how far did it undermine tsarism?
    - Impact of russian armed forces, i.e. morale etc
    - the February revolution of 1917, why it was significant, why it happened and tsar abdication (stuff like Petrograd Soviet, Progressive Bloc, Rasputin's death and other causes/what happened)

KQ3 (Provisional Government takes power and Bolsheviks emerge from exile)
    - After tsar abdication, Provisional Government takes power, marked incompetence continued from tsarism, refuses to tackle the land question and the biggest problem of all war
    - The importance of Lenin's return, his April theses and Bolshevik gains
    - The Importance of the Soviet Order number 1 and the Petrograd Soviet
    - The significance of the July Days, how did it allow the Provisional Government to survive?
    - The failures of the Provisional Government, arming Bolsheviks in the Kornilov Affair
    - The importance of Trotsky's role in the MRC and Bolsheviks taking majorities in the Soviet
    -Analysis of stability of the Provisional Government, did it really change much since Nicholas?
    - Was the provisional government responsible for its own downfall or otherwise?

I'll do civil rights on my next break. sheesh that was a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    For Russia you need to know from 1881-1924 (I haven't done beyond 1917 in my class as we aren't doing the Bolshevik consolidation of power, ran out of time)

KQ1 (Changes to the tsarist system of government 1881-1905)
    - The reformer Alexander II and his murder
    - The Reaction from Alexander III and his repressive policies of university censorship, tighter state control and russification
    - The growth in oppositon groups, Social democrats, Social revolutionaries, Liberals and the Bolesheviks/Menshveiks
    - Sergei Witte's economic policies and the economic growth spurt of the 1890's, railways, migration, trade etc
    - The Tsarist government, I.e. administration, how is it run, what impact did it have on the russian people
    - The Causes of the 1905 revolution
    - The 1905 revolution
    - The reason the Tsar survived the 1905 revolution

KQ2 (Dumas, fundamental laws, rasputin, war and the 1917 February revolution)
    - The significance of the duma's, evaluating and analysing the pro's and con's
    - Stolypin's influence on Russia and the state of the russian economy by 1914/1916
    - Impact of the war, how far did it undermine tsarism?
    - Impact of russian armed forces, i.e. morale etc
    - the February revolution of 1917, why it was significant, why it happened and tsar abdication (stuff like Petrograd Soviet, Progressive Bloc, Rasputin's death and other causes/what happened)

KQ3 (Provisional Government takes power and Bolsheviks emerge from exile)
    - After tsar abdication, Provisional Government takes power, marked incompetence continued from tsarism, refuses to tackle the land question and the biggest problem of all war
    - The importance of Lenin's return, his April theses and Bolshevik gains
    - The Importance of the Soviet Order number 1 and the Petrograd Soviet
    - The significance of the July Days, how did it allow the Provisional Government to survive?
    - The failures of the Provisional Government, arming Bolsheviks in the Kornilov Affair
    - The importance of Trotsky's role in the MRC and Bolsheviks taking majorities in the Soviet
    -Analysis of stability of the Provisional Government, did it really change much since Nicholas?
    - Was the provisional government responsible for its own downfall or otherwise?

I'll do civil rights on my next break. sheesh that was a lot!

Thank you, I appreciate it! Do you need to know much context from pre-1881?????

What are you hoping to get in AS history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C178Y)
    Thank you, I appreciate it! Do you need to know much context from pre-1881?????

What are you hoping to get in AS history?
    Not really, only that Alexander II freed the serfs (emancipation manifesto).

I would like to get an A, but I got my sources paper back this Jan and got a C, even though I worked so hard, I realised I didn't address one of the sources in the way edexcel wanted me to, so I dropped marks. But hoping for an A, if not a B or C is plausible as it is my 4th subject

ReputationRep:
    I'm half way through KQ2 wooooo

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, would you be able to go through civil rights please?
    Also, I've nearly finished all of he points you made on Russia...what if you get a question on post-1917?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C178Y)
    Hi there, would you be able to go through civil rights please?
    Also, I've nearly finished all of he points you made on Russia...what if you get a question on post-1917?
    I'm going to school in a minute but when I have time I'll do a civil rights break down (after I've finished my KQ3 notes)
    Post 1917? You choose the other question simply, no matter how bad it is, you choose it and thats the main problem, it could be absolutely horrible but I'm willing to focus on mastering horrible ones.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.