?
Report 12 years ago
joeybee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
Smile and frown repeatedly - I hear smiling involves 17 muscles while frowning involves 43. :p:

In all seriousness, this seems rather weird that you only have a chubby face, and I would too request for a picture before commenting any further.
I have the same problem. but that's just my face!people are different shapes and sizes. i wouldn't say that it bothers me though really.i think however much smiling and frowning you did, you'd still look the same really, it's just you.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Teletubbies never complained and they seem to be making a good career. Chubby cheeks are fine. You might think you look odd but anyone who knows you won't even notice. Trust me.
Emmalina
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fat faces are the way forward!
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
Ditto to OP, I have a skinny body and chubby round face I want a nice defined face with high cheek bones, never going to get them and makeup doesnt make a difference. I also heard that if you lose weight on your body, you will eventually start losing weight on your face. So I tried it, lost lots of weight, became even more skinnier and weak, but no my chubby cheeks were still there. I dont think there is a way to spot reduce weight without liposuction , but if you try these exercises, these may help to tone it down. Also cutting down on fatty foods and drinking more milk (increasing calcium) is supposed to help too.

EYES

Sit with eyes closed and relaxed. Keeping your eyes closed look down and then look up as far as possible. Repeat the facial exercise 10 times.

Sit upright with eyes closed and relaxed. Keeping your eyes closed, lift your eyebrows and stretching your eyelids down as far as possible. Keep in this position for 5 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.

Sit upright with eyes relaxed and open. Lift your eyebrows while closing your top eyelids until about halfway closed, then open your eyelid wide open until the white of your eye shows over your iris.

Sit upright looking with eyes open. Look up then down, while keeping your head still. Repeat 10 times. Then look left and right - repeat 10 times.

FOREHEAD

Frown as much as possible and try to bring your eyebrows over your eyes while pulling the eyebrows toward one another. Then lift your eyebrow as far as possible while opening your eyes as far as possible as well. Repeat 5 times.

Lie on a bed with your head hanging over the edge. Lift your eyebrows as high as possible, with your eyes opening very wide. Relax and repeat 10 times.

Sit upright and while bringing your eyebrows down over your eyes, wrinkle your nose as far up as possible while flaring your nostrils. Keep for a count of 10, relax and repeat 5 times.

NECK

Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, lips closed and then start a chewing movement. Repeat chewing motion 20 times.

Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, lips closed and relaxed. Start puckering your lips together in a kiss and stretch the kiss, as if you were trying to kiss the ceiling. Keep your lips puckered for 10 counts, relax, bring your head back to normal and repeat 5 times.

Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, lips closed and relaxed. Open your lips and stick your tongue out as if you were trying to touch your chin with the tips of your tongue. Keep your tongue out in this position for 10 counts, and return your tongue and head to its normal position.

Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, lips closed and relaxed. Move your lower lip over your top lip as far as possible and keep it there for a count of 5. Relax and repeat 5 times.

Sit upright and keep lips together, separate your teeth by dropping your jaw and then push your jaw forward, keep for a count of 10, bring back to starting position and repeat 5 times.
Sit upright, lips closed and teeth together. Smile as broadly as possible, without opening your lips, keep it there for 5 counts and when relaxing starts puckering your lips in a pointed kiss. Keep it there for 5 counts and relax - repeat 10 times.

Sit relaxed with lips hardly opened and curl your lips outwards. While your lips are in the outward position, move your curled top lip towards your nose. Hold in this position for 10 counts and repeat 5 times.

Have a relaxed smile with your lips closed and then suck in your cheeks toward and on to your teeth. Hold this for 10 counts, relax and repeat 10 times. Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Pout your top lip, turning the corners of your lips upwards and move your cheek muscles towards your eyes. You should at this stage try to get your top lip touching your nose. Keep in this position for 10 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.

Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Smile a wide as possible - while keeping your lips closed and your mouth corners turned up. Try to make your mouth corners touch your ears. Next wrinkle your nose and see your cheek muscle move upwards and feel these muscles work. Keep for 5 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.

Keep your teeth and lips closed and blow air under your top lip and keep it there for 10 counts, then move the air to your left cheek side, hold for 10, to your lower lip, hold for 10 and then to your right cheek side while holding it for a count of 10. Repeat 5 times.

LIPS

Sit uprights and purse your lips together. Lift your pursed lips towards your nose and keep it there for 5 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.

Pucker your lips slightly and then try with your mouth muscles to bring the corners of your mouth together as close as possible. Keep lips in this position for 5 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.

Sit upright, lips closed and teeth together. Smile as broadly as possible, without opening your lips, keep it there for 5 counts and when relaxing starts puckering your lips in a pointed kiss. Keep it there for 5 counts and relax - repeat 10 times.

Sit relaxed with lips hardly opened and curl your lips outwards. While your lips are in the outward position, move your curled top lip towards your nose. Hold in this position for 10 counts and repeat 5 times.

CHEEKS

Have a relaxed smile with your lips closed and then suck in your cheeks toward and on to your teeth. Hold this for 10 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.

Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Pout your top lip, turning the corners of your lips upwards and move your cheek muscles towards your eyes. You should at this stage try to get your top lip touching your nose. Keep in this position for 10 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.

Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Smile a wide as possible - while keeping your lips closed and your mouth corners turned up. Try to make your mouth corners touch your ears. Next wrinkle your nose and see your cheek muscle move upwards and feel these muscles work. Keep for 5 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.

Keep your teeth and lips closed and blow air under your top lip and keep it there for 10 counts, then move the air to your left cheek side, hold for 10, to your lower lip, hold for 10 and then to your right cheek side while holding it for a count of 10. Repeat 5 times.
Right...

'Exercising' your face will not lose fat around it, nor will it 'tone' the area. The only way to get rid of fat or 'tone' your face is to lose fat from the whole body by cardiovascular, dieting or a combination of both. Spot reducing is not possible.
Gimperial
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Please listen when they say there is no such thing as spot reducing

Whats all the BS about excercising your face? The facial muscles are so small you probably wouldnt notice a difference if you excercise them 3 hours a day, 365 days a year. Facial muscle comes from release of growth hormones, usually due to the training of other muscles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.73%
No - but I will (112)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (97)
6.76%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.7%

Watched Threads