Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to send someone a little present in the post as a surprise. I know their name, their street and postcode, but not the exact house number. (No mutual friend or relative to ask regarding that either.)

is there any way for me to find out the house number?

thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You could try the telephone directory http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publi...earch.publisha which has addresses listed as well as phone numbers. But if you don't know them that well then they might feel uncomfortable with you finding out all their personal details.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If they have an unusual name that might be enough to get there anyway, although it wouldn't be worth risking if you're sending an expensive item.

ReputationRep:
    You could always follow them home one day, not creepy at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If they have an unusual name that might be enough to get there anyway, although it wouldn't be worth risking if you're sending an expensive item.
    does have an unusual name, but wouldn't want to risk it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 140BPM)
    You could always follow them home one day, not creepy at all.
    I've already been to where he lives, but can't remember the house number only the street name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    I've already been to where he lives, but can't remember the house number only the street name!
    But do you remember which house? Streetview that ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    Go onto google maps streetview and look for there house. You should see a number on the front of the house or on any neighbouring house (and you can then figure out what their house number is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    But do you remember which house? Streetview that ****!
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Go onto google maps streetview and look for there house. You should see a number on the front of the house or on any neighbouring house (and you can then figure out what their house number is)

yes. done. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Just FYI, I once had a guy do this sort of thing. It creeped me out rather than being sweet.

But then again, that guy hadn't been to where I lived and just looked up my name in the phonebook... it was creepy

ReputationRep:
    It does work without the number on it as well.

My grandad tested this by just writing my brother's name and postcode and it go to us! (No house number, streetname or town)

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just give it to them next time you seem them, less creepy.

Unless you hate them and you're sending them a bag of poop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mini-Cooper)
    It does work without the number on it as well.

My grandad tested this by just writing my brother's name and postcode and it go to us! (No house number, streetname or town)
    My cousin once sent a letter addressed to 'granny and grampy' followed by the name of the village they live in, and it got through!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.