Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Went to buy pregnancy test, couldn't face it! Watch

I know I'm probably going to get people telling me I'm silly now, but I'm not going to listen to that. I went off the pill for about 2 months, had 1 natural period, started the pill again on what I thought was the first day of my next period, had been having sex during that time. The 'period' was only very light, it wasn't even blood it was more like pink/brown discharge. (Sorry tmi!) It stopped about 2 days after I started re-taking the pill and then about a week later I had it for another few days. I thought the pill had stopped the period from happening further, suppressed it kind of thing. Recently I have been really emotional and moody. I've been crying at stupid things. I feel like my relationships coming to an end, like my boyfriend doesn't love me. Crazy, over the top feelings and stuff. I was lay in bed with him the other night and he was asleep and I just came over in tears and I didn't know why! The next morning I felt so down, I was barely talking to him not because of something he'd done but because I was so emotional/down I thought if I said something I might snap.. on the other hands there were just no words coming out.

I've been having stomach cramps, like really really mild period cramps for a few days now and lots of thin, white, creamy discharge. And I still feel like crying all the time. I sometimes feel a bit nauseous.

I know all of this could be symptoms of going back on the pill after two months off but I've got it in the back of my mind it could be pregnancy. Anyway I went to boots today to buy a test, mainly because I want to prove to myself that I'm not pregnant and it's just the pill/my body playing tricks on me then I can stop worrying.. but I just couldn't bring myself to buy the test.. ended up buying fake nails instead.

There's nobody I can talk to cause they'll say I was stupid for going off the pill - I just wanted to give my body a break from hormones tbh and we probably had sex 3 times in the whole 2 months I was off it. If I talk to my boyfriend he'll probably panic or something - or he'll just say 'oh it's fine you won't be pregnant'. I'm not really that close to my friends any more. So I really just need the guts to go and buy one myself but I don't! I can't stop the pill to see if I have a period because I'm going away next week - even so it would be a 'withdrawal bleed' and I'd have to wait another month or so for a proper period but then I'd be off the pill again so the only option is to test but I can't bring myself to do it!

ReputationRep:
    It may be embarrassing OP but its something you have to do! I did it recently, just because I like to check every now and again, and even though I felt really embarrassed, I basically just manned up. If you go to somewhere like Boots, it scans through as chemist goods anyway, and the cashier was having a lovely chat with me. To be honest, having worked in a shop before, when you're mindlessly scanning things, you don't really notice what people are buying! Head back and buy one! Most boots have self checkouts, so you could just buy it there!!

ReputationRep:
    The only way you will know is to do a test, if you don't you are only going to keep worrying . A pregnancy test only reacts to the pregnancy hormone human chorionic gonadotropin so taking the pill wont matter to the results .

good luck

Thanks guys! I'm going away tomorrow for a few days, so I won't have time to buy one now I can't really go back today cause I'm meeting my boyfriend in an hour and with him until tomorrow, and don't want to have to tell him about it because I know for a fact it's probably just me imagining things and there would be no point bringing it up with him unless I knew for sure, and tbh I almost 99% know I'm not it's just paranoia and needing that 1% extra confirmation that I'm not if you know what I mean!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.