Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I went into different stores yesterday and handed in my CV and I was only successful in three stores and then I went into the GAP store and asked if they had any job vacancies available and the person said they have apart time available so I handed in my CV.

I have a few questions to ask on what happens in the recruitment process

1) how long does it take for them to get back to you if your CV is successful?

2) what type of interview questions do they generally ask?

3)how should I dress when going into the interview?

4) what happens in the group interviews and what happens in the panel/1:1 interviews. And what questions do they ask

5) and when do they get back to you if you were successful in the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tolula)
    So I went into different stores yesterday and handed in my CV and I was only successful in three stores and then I went into the GAP store and asked if they had any job vacancies available and the person said they have apart time available so I handed in my CV.

I have a few questions to ask on what happens in the recruitment process

1) how long does it take for them to get back to you if your CV is successful?
    Should probably take 2 weeks, but ring them, and ask them about your c.v. - ask to talk to the manager

2) what type of interview questions do they generally ask?
    What do you think customer service is, why do you want to work for gap, what kind of style does gap promote, you will also be given a task to go to the shop floor and pick out an outfit and explain why you chose that specific outfit.

3)how should I dress when going into the interview? Casual/smart e.g. Smart shirt, some jeans pref black, and black dolly shoes

4) what happens in the group interviews and what happens in the panel/1:1 interviews. And what questions do they ask
    They don't usually do group interviews. My friend works at gap in one store, and had an individual interview, I just got accepted for a different store and didn't have a group interview.

5) and when do they get back to you if you were successful in the interview.
    Sometimes on the spot, or if they have a load of other applicants for the same store, then they will contact you within a week or so.
    I just got a job there, so if you have any questions, you can message me directly. I believe we've already spoeen on a post that I submitted lool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow we're you the only applicant? For the interview

ReputationRep:
    And congratulations lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.