Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Basically I am under 25, but I haven't seen my dad ever and I haven't seen my mum for 2 years, but I have lived with my grandma since 6 weeks old. I have phoned up student finance and they said I can apply as an independent student if I get a letter from my tutor explaining etc.

    I think she has sent it off, but I am not sure what to do and how far to go through my application. I have filled everything and I just haven't pressed the final apply with household income as I don't have a job and I live of my grandma's income, so because I am an independent student and I don't have any income so would I just put my grandma's in?
    Sorry if this is complicated!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Rebeka,

    Unless your Grandma has legal guardianship of you then we won't be able to take her income information into account when processing your application.

    If you're successfully processed as an independent student then you can put down your income as £0.00, this won't go against you when applying. You should also submit your application as soon as possible!

    Hope this helps,
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.