help! enemies even before university! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ok im in a bit of a predicament here. i'm an international student and there are these 2 girls who really hate me (the first because my bf chose me over her, and the 2nd just because she doesn't like the way i look; this is in her own words btw) and they were both from my previous school and will be starting the same course and the same university as me in the uk.(!!!!!!!) this probably seems stupid but their hate and dislike for me is pretty intense- both started this smearing campaign against me and roped in their friends to ***** about me and insulted me really badly as well. so now, both have "joined forces" and are pretty determined to ensure that my life will be a living hell in uni. :mad: well, so far i have had my own group of friends and pple who generally dislike these 2 girls as well so everything's fine. the problem is, come uni, i'll be starting afresh, and there'll be no backup support. im pretty worried that these 2 girls will turn everyone against me, especially those from the same overseas student union because everyone in the union i heard is pretty close and always hang out together. this is horrid, i really wish that they'd just disappear and i'm even contemplating changing to another uni cos i'm pretty worried what would happen to me if i went to the same uni as both of them! any advice please?
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wait and see what happens when you get there. If they do start a campaign speak to your dept and the students union. Harrassment can get people thrown out of uni, and if it's nasty enough can get them arrested.
lucky 13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
Wait and see what happens when you get there. If they do start a campaign speak to your dept and the students union. Harrassment can get people thrown out of uni, and if it's nasty enough can get them arrested.
good advice. i was thinking the same..

this is real serious becaue it s about your life..and be careful because there are a lotta crazy *****es out there...and they could do things that you aint even expect them to...so like Ethereal said, you definately have to speak to the students union and get some help before it gets real serious.
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you also need to remember that uni - is ALOT bigger than school and I doubt these girls will be able to make everyone hate you, dont forget that they dont know anyone but each other and you
SeanC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gah some women are so petty.. I'd hope that an uni that sort of person would have the sense to grow up. Tisn't infant school any more people; Everyone is an individual, you either accept it or you get lost, simple as.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Niaya)
you also need to remember that uni - is ALOT bigger than school and I doubt these girls will be able to make everyone hate you
uh the course that we're doing accepts about 200 pple only and even then the uni we're going to has lesser than 7500 students in total.
(Original post by Niaya)
dont forget that they dont know anyone but each other and you
well, that's not true actually, because about 20++ pple or so will be going over to the same uni from our previous school, so yup, i'm screwed.
Sexy Plexi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
7500 is still a hell of a lot of people, remember that. Don't let them bully you. You haven't actually done anything wrong her, have you? It seems to me like they're just *****es. So hold your head high, don't go to uni all meek and expecting to be hated..... be confident, talk to everyone, be kind, be yourself and if people get wind of what these girls say about you then just tell your new friends that, yes, you fell out over a bloke and they haven't ever gotten over it., you'd hoped they'd be mature about it and move on, but they haven't... you have the upperhand if you deal with it in this manner. Brush off any evil looks or comments they give. In fact, start now. Be friendly to them or at least civil. Let's face it, if they go to uni and start *****ing about people then they're hardly likely to be creating a good first impression for themselves, are they? I wouldn't have hung around with *****y people in fresher's week!

PS: "Don't like the way you look/ boyfriend isssues.".........they're jealous of you.
Navajo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's people in my Uni who I had fights with in school

And i've only seen them twice and they'd grown up a lot
frappuccino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Pleeaase don't worry. In uni nearly everyone start over again apart from the few that stick to their old friends. There's so many ppl in each course / hall so the 2 of them will become so distant in your mind cos you'll be busy meeting all the new ppl. Just find yourself a bunch of good friends and forget about them. No one is gonna care what they think.. Basically whatever happened at school goes out the window..well that's what I think anyway.
Lady Narcissus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Smile be happy- I had a similar problem a few years back because I had a good horse and this girl was jealous of it. She made my life so unhappy I could not really stay at my local sixth so went to the next town to avoid the trouble.

Girls are very underhanded and to most peoples eye it looked like she was as innocent as pie. It really hurt me and I would advise anyone to smile, talk, don't cut yourself off and stand tall
zav
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Girls are kind of pack animals like guys but in different ways.

Guys try and be the best in the pack by showing strength confidence and by being the toughest. But guys a lot of the time looks to improve to move them up the pecking order.

Girls on the other hand use emotions to make them appear further up the order. If a girl has better qualities than them for instance you having a nice bf they get jealous and try and ruin that so you don't have that over them.
So girls don't move up they try and take down people above them. They plot better than guys, well that’s it really but if you can just laugh off them and think yourself better than they will never have that feeling of being above you.
Every time they make a comment to you or someone else just give a laugh or dam they really are deluded. They will stop it soon enough if they realise its not getting to you.
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I would guess that at uni the students actually have brains. I, personally, would not be turned against anyone unless I was given good evidense. Don't worry about these girls, they are just morons. They will soon realise that when you get to uni you have to grow up a bit. And anyway, whose to say they will be in the same area/HoR as you. Even if they try to spread nasty rumours about you the people on your floor/corridor will have a chance to get to know you before they hear these rumours so you will likely have some , err, 'backup' pretty quickly, and if they know people at the uni they can say that any lies they spread are just not true. Hope this helps in some way.

[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They sopund like real *****es. But don't worry. Uni is so big that you'll prob have no contact with them. They can't turn the whole uni against you, that's ridiculous. Just get on with your life and ignore them. I'm sure that once they start uni, they'll realise that they can't get away with being so petty and cruel otherwise they won't make any friends. I'm sure they'll eventually mature and grow out of this pathetic atttitude.
George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ok im in a bit of a predicament here. i'm an international student and there are these 2 girls who really hate me (the first because my bf chose me over her, and the 2nd just because she doesn't like the way i look; this is in her own words btw) and they were both from my previous school and will be starting the same course and the same university as me in the uk.(!!!!!!!) this probably seems stupid but their hate and dislike for me is pretty intense- both started this smearing campaign against me and roped in their friends to ***** about me and insulted me really badly as well. so now, both have "joined forces" and are pretty determined to ensure that my life will be a living hell in uni. :mad: well, so far i have had my own group of friends and pple who generally dislike these 2 girls as well so everything's fine. the problem is, come uni, i'll be starting afresh, and there'll be no backup support. im pretty worried that these 2 girls will turn everyone against me, especially those from the same overseas student union because everyone in the union i heard is pretty close and always hang out together. this is horrid, i really wish that they'd just disappear and i'm even contemplating changing to another uni cos i'm pretty worried what would happen to me if i went to the same uni as both of them! any advice please?
You'll make more friends , and if those girls are as immature as they sound, you'll make a hell of a lot more friends than them.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At uni they'll get caught up in their own little lives and probably not think about you anymore. People would also think they were pretty weird if they went around in the first few weeks ****ging off some girl that no one knows so they'll probably come off worse is they do try to bad mouth you too everyone.

As everyone's said, Uni is huge so you probably won't even see them. My childhood best friend goes to the same uni and I never see her!
*titanium*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As people have mentioned chances are they will not mange to cause you many problems because uni is big. If they do then tyr telling your personale tutor so that disicplinary action cna be tkane against them, how ever if this does not help there is one thing left to do, this is not to stoop down to their levle as this will achive nothing, what you need to do is and im sure i will be critized for saying this and ger negative rep, but ill say it anyway, hit them.

If you punch them, no not slap, punch them across the face, well it will hurt and more importantly shock them, and 95% chance is that they will never say a word to you again.
cubanarmy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wot a pair of *****es, just report them to your tutor or summat b4 u begin uni.
derf
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What a ridiculous situation.
_poptart_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I cant believe that people still act like that when they're at an age now where they should really have grown up!!
Im sure you'll be fine, if their insults etc are unfounded and they act as stupidly as they seem to have, then all the new people you meet at uni will just think of them as two jealous, immature children.
ringlets anon.
Report 12 years ago
These people are just insecure and probably jealous of you. Believe me, at uni, you are going to be the person who seems approachable and you are going to have such an advantage over them. If these girls keep up the attitude that they have no, they are not going to enjoy uni for what it is worth and they are going to dig a hole for themselves. Just go and be confident and don't let anything that they say hurt you because they are just going to be the ones looking stupid, like someone else said, you might not even see them that often.
xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise