Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi

I am 33 nearly 34 don't have good gcse`s and lied about them to get on to a foundation degree course but I dropped out finding it a little to hard and missed a important deadline for some course work when I was working nights up to Christmas so I explained but they weren't interested so I left what should I do know and I wont say where I got my place for the foundation degree course

any advice would be helpful

the foundation degree I started was in software development

ReputationRep:
    Given that you struggled, do you still want to do a degree? If so, it looks like you need to start a little further back on the educational ladder and build up to it. An Access course might be a better way to gear up to uni-level study. They're a pretty common way for mature students without the right GCSE background to get into uni, so you'll probably find many people your age (and older) on the course.

As you found, the entry requirements are there mainly to ensure that you'll be capable of doing the course. I'm surprised that you were never asked for your certificates, as none of my unis would have allowed me to enrol unless they saw them. Still - you live and learn. At least you know what you'll be getting yourself into in future. It doesn't mean that you'll never succeed at uni, just that it might take you a little longer than you'd thought.

Good luck for the future, whatever you decide.

ReputationRep:
    yes thanks for that but its been a while since I left school so I did not need to show them but maybe a degree is not for me but I could try and do an access course but last time I applied for an it access course first time the course did not run lack of intrest and the second I did not have the correct grades to go on the course which other people found very strange

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.