Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I have a little query about this. At the moment, my Mum needs to provide evidence of a decree of Divorce or Council Tax Bill showing a specific discounted rate to support both mine and my brothers application.

    We do not have either of these at the moment. Are there alternatives to doing this? What is the process if we can't provide the evidence? Is the Decree necessary if the other half of the marriage (ie my dad) has passed away in September of 2012? Maybe a death certificate instead of a decree?

    I don't know, but I'm just thinking out loud. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Arpan,

    This will depend on whether you Mum was married to your Dad when he passed away and whether she indicated on your applications that she was of widow status.

    Alternatively she should contact your local council tax office to request that the single person discount be applied and that a new council tax bill be sent to her.

    Hope this helps,
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.