Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seeing high profile Footballers/Managers in public Watch

Deleted

ReputationRep:
    What on earth would Mancini be doing in Macclsefield?

ReputationRep:
    Craig Brown (former Aberdeen manager) is a regular at my work. Although I don't suppose he will be now that he's retired. Also get a lot of aberdeen players in as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bumped into Wilfred Zaha in Oxford Street the other day. Nice guy. It's crazy how nobody but me noticed who he was, he felt quite acknowledged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I once saw tevez on Oxford St in London, ages ago, when he was on loan at west ham. He'd been shopping in the Next sale and was with a girlfriend who looked about twelve (literally) years old. A couple of people stopped to ask him to sign stuff, he seemed very obliging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Talked to Jamie O'Hara at a petrol station while he was filling up his Bentley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    He lives in Alderley Edge, Macclesfield is literally round the corner, he often uses public transport and I know a few people who have seen him mainly around alderley edge and prestbury in bars. Also Tevez got caught driving in Macclesfield and he had his court hearing here last week and was with Aguero
    Ah that's quite interesting :cool:

ReputationRep:
    lol you can understand his bemusement i normally say are you "insert name" then ask for an autograph or picture

ReputationRep:
    I'm good friends for a City reserve (loaned to Oldham at the moment) and I have met Joe Hart through him.

ReputationRep:
    Hearts have their training facilities on the campus of my uni so there players and coaches are often in the little paper shop around lunchtime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronco2012)
    Hearts have their training facilities on the campus of my uni so there players and coaches are often in the little paper shop around lunchtime
    "High profile"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Saw Paul Merson last month in a pub in Holloway. hilarious bloke but after a while he just told everyone to piss off and leave him alone which is fair enough.
    Met Niall Quinn and Alan Smith walking to the Emirates for the Sunderland game in August. Nobody clocked to begin with them and I was going to let them carry on. Stopped for photos and Quinn in particular just oozed charisma. Said he 'knew' my dad and uncle from his time at Arsenal(gross exaggeration) and he humored me for a good 2 minutes which he didnt have to do.

Met Bergkamp when I was 10 outside Highbury and chatted to him in Dutch for a minute or so, he's quite different to how you would expect joking around mainly. Met Robbie Keane the same night as well but I couldnt have cared less.

A mate of mine got a letter in the post meant for Adebayor at his halls in Hampstead. He delivered it by hand as it was just down the road and Adebayor's cleaner took it at the door. So if anyone wants his address I can give it to you.

A mate of mine says he met Bendtner in Chinawhites off his head on the drink one night surrounded by a possy of Danish blondes. But apparently he was friendly so long as you massaged his ego

A QPR mate of mine reckons he saw Balanta on the white city estate with a local gang, wouldnt surprise me tbh. Used to pretty easy to meet QPR players post match tbh, just wait in the carpark lol.

In the 80s my dad used to see Adams/Parlour/Merson/Quinn/etc in local boozers every other week. They used to hang out in Irish pubs mainly around Kentish Town and Angel but they were just normal blokes who preferred not to talk about footie apparently. Adams used to drink in the Chequers bar in Romford normally, but I havent got a clue about that area tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    Just saw Roberto Mancini at my local train station, he came into the waiting room and I just blurted out 'hello' as if I somehow knew him, he didn't look impressed at all, but it's hard knowing what to say when you randomly meet someone as high profile as him. I then whipped out my phone and wanted to get a picture but he turned his back and walked off, when he was exiting the room I said 'well done for last night' he said 'thank you' and then walked to further most end of the platform to get his train. He was getting the Macclesfield to London train.

Just wanted to share
    Always thought Mancini was an horrible man tbh

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I have never seen high profile footballers/managers in person (nor many famous people for that matter), but my rich friend from school used to live a few doors away from Jermaine Defoe and I managed to get an autograph of him by asking my friend to get an autograph of him.

He used to live in Woodford Green, Essex within a private enclosed residential complex called Repton Park. I remember seeing an article in my local newspaper about him being caught by Essex Police for speeding in his Ferarri. Doubt he lives there anymore though.

ReputationRep:
    literally bumped into marroune fellaini in a shopping centre, served nedum onoura in my restaurant. spoke to the old hull manager phil brown at the airport. he was going to watcha barcelona match about a month after getting the sack at preston.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    Just saw Roberto Mancini at my local train station, he came into the waiting room and I just blurted out 'hello' as if I somehow knew him, he didn't look impressed at all, but it's hard knowing what to say when you randomly meet someone as high profile as him. I then whipped out my phone and wanted to get a picture but he turned his back and walked off, when he was exiting the room I said 'well done for last night' he said 'thank you' and then walked to further most end of the platform to get his train. He was getting the Macclesfield to London train.

Just wanted to share
    unfortunatly thats probably the bit that cost you the picture - a friend of mine met him and said he was a nice enough guy, but maybe he didnt want to draw too much attention at a croweded train station.

met mourinho a while back in a big crowd of people - shoke his hand and i was gutted i didnt have a pen on me, then again he seemed to be in a bit of a hurry!

ReputationRep:
    Gareth Bale at the local Tesco's haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Met Harry Redknapp at the pets at home whilst my cat got put down

I just said "Harry" he said "Alright mate" then I asked for a photo and he was fine with it, he's a good guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was at Anfield a few years ago, John Toshack accidentally elbowed me in the head when trying to get through the crowd.

.. and that's it ):

ReputationRep:
    I haven't met anybody myself but my brother did a few days ago.

He was at East Midlands Airport and he saw a Championship manager who he recognised but for the life of him, couldn't remember his name. He asked him and said he recognised him and the manager laughed and said: "I'm a nobody!" And then the manager confirmed he was Billy Davies, manager of Nottingham Forest. My brother was going through a pain-in-the-ass moment with the airport staff so he was tired to take a picture but he did say Billy was pleasant and polite.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.