:-( please help if you can Watch

hendo-84
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i am a 3rd year u/g at strathclyde studying history and psychology.

i am hoping to do honours history next year. i have totally messed up though.i managed to pass my 4 exams from january, but i am in the middle of my may exams.i have done 2, may have scraped by in 2.hpwever i may have failed, and im definately about to fail a really important one later today(hence why im up so late)

i cant really do re-sits as going to america.althogu could maybe come back if needed.this one im going to fail is a 'must pass first time' for entry into honours.

i am needing help for the following.i have had some personal circumstances in the last year.my father commited suicide last may, and then a long term realtionship ended 6 months ago.i really feel ti has affected my performance this semester and i may have failed to get in.in fact theres a really good chance im nowhere near.

cosidering this is 3rd year and for entry into honours, does anyon know if theres ANY chance of repeating the year or being given leniency?as i say i feel i have been affected and have mentoned it to counsellling and the department, briefly, but not too much.has anyone else faced this problem.the big worry here is its for entry into honours, marks this year count for the finals, u need to get over a certain mark to get in,unlike previous years when its jsut a case of pass or fail.worrying myself sick here.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well to be honest this is an issue you should be bringing up to your tutors. It sounds like they'll allow you to resit the year, but none of us will know for sure.
hendo-84
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i know but i was wodnering if anyone else had been in the situation or knew of anyone who had.i will be bringing it up as soon as the exams are over but wanted some info for now to maybe set my mind at ease, or otherwise
kalen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think there might be good chances they'll give you another shot at it, as your father's sucide is definitely enough of an extreme circumstance (sorry to hear that, btw ). I would advise you to talk to your tutors straight away, even if you're really busy with revision, because the sooner you do the better the chances they can do something to help you.
dismal_laundry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have you maybe seen a doctor this year, or last, or a counsellor? Because if you have it might be helpful if they wrote a letter or your behalf.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads