Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

So I originally applied to all my unis for Physics entry 2013, but I changed my mind about 2 months ago and I really wanted to do mechanical engineering. After a lot of emails and explanations, I got an offer for mechanical engineering at manchester and ucl. After this, I found YinI, and I thought it sounded great, so I asked the two unis about a gap year - they seemed really positive about it (especially with a good reason), so I was all set. If I get into YinI, I can do it during a gap year.

(btw, YinI stands for year in industry - a year in industry with an engineering company)

...Then came Imperial. I honestly thought I didn't get in because they were quiet until about the end of March - everyone told me it was a silent 'no'. But then... I got a Physics offer from them, and of course it would be too late for me to change to -any- engineering course right now. But all my teachers were telling me how I should just transfer courses when I get in at sept 13 into something I like;; I still haven't made my mind up completely about this. The trouble is that I absolutely -loved- Imperial when I visited it, and it's close to my house - which is a big plus for me.

So it's either going to be my favourite university or favourite course - but I'm leaning on favourite uni more, so I think my firm will be imperial, and 2nd choice will be UCL?

YinI contacted me today about attending their CV workshop today, and I'm really not sure now. I don't really have a chance with Imperial letting me have a gap year at this stage with PHYSICS, right? Especially when YinI is based on engineering...

Thanks for reading, and I'd really appreciate some replies from you guys!

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is to email them and find out! I know they definitely let you defer for a year with engineering (as i did) but not 100% sure whether they do or not with Physics. I think they would let you, but its best to find out.

Btw manchester is amazing. Its my insurance for mech eng and i am wishing it was better than imperial for my course right now because its just sick.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.