Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    A few years ago, I had lots of what you would call 'friends'
    And today, I only have one who I speak to on a very regular basis (everyday)
    (I'm still at school)
    I didn't fall out wit them exactly
    I guess we just grew apart and I grew closer with my current friend
    I don't believe that I am a nasty person but I do voice my true thoughts and tell people when I don't like them and wish they would go away
    I am just very selective with my friends and that is the way I'd like it to be
    But I did have a group of friends that I liked and respected
    I realised that I have changed quite a lot over the years too, but I don't regret or dislike what I have become
    They've changed quite a lot too, and all they talk about is makeup or boys, both of which topics I don't like to discuss
    I did try to become better friends with them again, but, there is no conversation or common interests at all, and they have become the type of people that I wouldn't like to be friends with
    I want some friends that I can have proper, intellectual, discussions with
    How do I find them at my school?
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    try joining a club, or clubs, and you will find friends that share your interests. Whether it's in school or out of school, you will find yourself with a range of people who like to talk about different things, and you can always discuss with them the interest(s) you share. Don't worry about not having many close friends inside of school, as school is only part of life. As soon as you leave, you are unlikely to stay in contact with many people from your school except your closest friends, so now is a great opportunity to find other friends that you will stay in contact with. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So no one told you life was gonna be this way?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.