Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone, I'll try and keep this as brief as I can. Basically, I met this girl around a year ago and we became really good friends, I found out that she liked me and, even though i wasn't sure if i liked her that way I decided to start going out with her. Things started off really well but I started to realise that I really wasn't that into her, we started to drift apart until eventually she cut it off because I was too "distant". I feel awful because now I've lost a whole group of friends because all of her friends think I'm a **** now, frankly I think I'm a **** but I miss her a lot. I know I ****ed up but we haven't spoken for six months now, can i try getting back in touch or is this friendship over? I miss her so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone, I'll try and keep this as brief as I can. Basically, I met this girl around a year ago and we became really good friends, I found out that she liked me and, even though i wasn't sure if i liked her that way I decided to start going out with her. Things started off really well but I started to realise that I really wasn't that into her, we started to drift apart until eventually she cut it off because I was too "distant". I feel awful because now I've lost a whole group of friends because all of her friends think I'm a **** now, frankly I think I'm a **** but I miss her a lot. I know I ****ed up but we haven't spoken for six months now, can i try getting back in touch or is this friendship over? I miss her so much

Just speak to her, don't go in guns blazing telling her you want her straight away but maybe get a conversation going with again and see if she wants to meet up for a drink or something similar, then after meeting up once or twice make a move or tell her you missed her. There is literally no harm in trying again, you won't lose anything by eventually telling her how you feel. You'll only lose something if you don't give it another shot.
    Life is far too short to constantly worry about everything, follow your heart.

(Original post by EmmaLouise093)
    Just speak to her, don't go in guns blazing telling her you want her straight away but maybe get a conversation going with again and see if she wants to meet up for a drink or something similar, then after meeting up once or twice make a move or tell her you missed her. There is literally no harm in trying again, you won't lose anything by eventually telling her how you feel. You'll only lose something if you don't give it another shot.
    Life is far too short to constantly worry about everything, follow your heart.
    Thanks for your reply
    It's not that I want to start going out with her again, I just really miss having her as a friend and want to go back to that. I just feel like her friends are gonna make it as difficult as possible for me to talk/hang out with her because they all hate me now and I'm not sure how to go about talking to her again since it's been so long since we saw each other

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply
    It's not that I want to start going out with her again, I just really miss having her as a friend and want to go back to that. I just feel like her friends are gonna make it as difficult as possible for me to talk/hang out with her because they all hate me now and I'm not sure how to go about talking to her again since it's been so long since we saw each other
    Well it doesn't matter what context you want her back in your life, at least you're certain on that and it's exactly the same response. Just go for it, who cares what her friends tell her, if she's as special as you say she is then she has a brain and she is able to make reasonable decisions for herself. I don't always listen to my friends because sometime you yourself know best. If you've got her on facebook message her? Text her? Go somewhere you know she'll be and casually bump into her? Nothing makes you miss someone like bumping into them at a random place So that would work! I say go for it, as I said the worst thing that could happen is she doesn't want to be friends which is where you're at right now anyway, so it's worth a shot. Best of Luck

(Original post by EmmaLouise093)
    Well it doesn't matter what context you want her back in your life, at least you're certain on that and it's exactly the same response. Just go for it, who cares what her friends tell her, if she's as special as you say she is then she has a brain and she is able to make reasonable decisions for herself. I don't always listen to my friends because sometime you yourself know best. If you've got her on facebook message her? Text her? Go somewhere you know she'll be and casually bump into her? Nothing makes you miss someone like bumping into them at a random place So that would work! I say go for it, as I said the worst thing that could happen is she doesn't want to be friends which is where you're at right now anyway, so it's worth a shot. Best of Luck
    You're right, it's worth a shot-I hope it works out, thanks for your advice!!

ReputationRep:
    You're right, it's worth a shot-I hope it works out, thanks for your advice!!
    No worries
    Let me know how you get on if you like, I like to hear about things... gives me a distraction from my own life anyway! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    You'll never know if you don't try. The worst thing that can happen is her not responding.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.