Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Maintenance loan/ grant for this academic year (2012-2013) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'am an EU student, finishing my first year of study ( I have moved to England in August/September 2010 when I started my A-levels), this year I haven't been eligible for a maintenance loan because I haven't lived in the UK for three years prior to the start of my course yet (17 Sept). Will I be eligible next year, as in August 2013 it will be already three years?
    Also, while applying for student finance before the start of the course I have ticked 'NO' in answer to the question asking if I could be eligible for any income or non-income assessed bursary or award, but I am eligible for income assessed one. It's almost the end of the academic year and I was wondering if I could still apply for a grant or a bursary as I found out that we can apply for student finance up to nine months after the start of the course. I was trying to change my details online but they seemed to be approved and there was no option to change them although the status of my application is "To be completed". If it is still possible to apply for a grant or bursary etc. somehow this year (2012-2013) could you please tell me how- how can I change my application online or if maybe there is a form which I can use to change my eligibility for income-assessed help.
    i'm sorry that this message is so long but I wanted to clarify everything.
    Many thanks
    Joanna
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Joanna.

To be eligible for income assessment for a grant award you will need to have been resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the 1 September of the first year of the course you're studying.

You should still be able to apply for the EU bursary but I would suggest speaking with one of our EU advisers on 0141 243 3570 to request a form be sent you.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark-Lee,
    Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to ask to be sure - if I am not eligible for a income assessed grant award, does it mean that I also won't be able to get a maintenance loan next year?
    Thanks,
    Joanna
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Joanna,

Yes the residency criteria are the same for either of the maintenance support types.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.