Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What can I do about this? This is one thing I really struggle with. Have no problem with chocolate, sweets, etc. I seem to crave cereal all the time. I've bought oats instead to substitute but is it best just going cold turkey to try and release myself from this addiction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why dont you just have them for breakfast?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omg i've had this problem before!! Just don't think about them too much and try and limit yourself when you do cave in but yea cereal's not TOO bad cos it's got fibre etc... This is pretty crappy advice but try and hang in there until you stop craving it - the less you eat, the better

ReputationRep:
    Eat some bacon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    What can I do about this? This is one thing I really struggle with. Have no problem with chocolate, sweets, etc. I seem to crave cereal all the time. I've bought oats instead to substitute but is it best just going cold turkey to try and release myself from this addiction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I totally cut out wheat about 2 weeks ago and the first 2 days were tough but now I feel much better for it. I still have oats and rye but I found that I just don't crave stodgy white carbs anymore including cereals. I have porridge for breakfast every morning.
    I've also found that my blood sugar is a lot more stable and I'm not hungry all the time like I was when I was eating wheat/cereal all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I have this with weetabix, lots of cereals have sugar in though

ReputationRep:
    hey you might be craving whats in cereal - vitamins, calcium, folic acid. i get this occasionally and im learning to read my cravings as its your bodies way of telling you what u need. - like pregant women crave random things e.g. calcium (ice cream) or salt (gherkins) as the babys growth needs them.
    So like when i became veggie, i was really under-nourished as i wasnt eating enough protein - when i got home from uni i bought this spinach (gross frozen spinach) and i ate so much of it- - i was craving the iron like mad so it tasted soo good. and now i have a normal, balanced diet etc and that spinach stuff tastes disgusting

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    If running form this craving then it will approach you indirectly so let it happen if your heart said ok that's it then you have control on your self...

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm Bran Flakes, can't get enough of them. If I let myself, I'd get through a whole box in a day!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.