Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

i m currently enrolled in my Bachelor at Bocconi University i would like to ask you your opinion about EDHEC i was admitted today to their MiM (Business Management ) with a Schoolarship amounting to the 40 per cent of the fees. I'm really not sure about EDHEC reputation among employers and especially among top consulting firms . Another problem is that at the present i've not a good level of French.

So my question is do you think EDHEC is a good choice and it can give me the opportunity to tap in the consulting world?

Thank you all for your advices.

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked the EDHEC career report and its consulting placement? That should answer all your Qs, it should answer about work for non French students. I am surprised you haven't researched this info already from programme manager.

ReputationRep:
    I already checked their reports, but the information provided are not really relevant . I mean no info about positions, role or salaries just the top recruiters and the percentage of student employed before graduatig (70%).

Furthermore do you think it woud be a bad idea to take a gap year(interning somewhere and learning a third language) and then apply to better reknowed Universities such as Hec,Imperial, RSM?

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply to Bocconi for MSc?

ReputationRep:
    Edhec is an excellent Business school, and has a good reputation. It is considered to be the 4 th best in France after Hec,Essec, and Escp.However, there is a bit of a space between 3 and 4th position.

ReputationRep:
    From a value perspective, Edhec offers an excellent deal with its scholarship and lower living costs in Lille. I think the placement is best within France and maybe some MNC hiring for its home markets. I heard that Edhec is well known for its Risk Management syllabus. MiM is more a general management syllabus and prepares most students well enough for consulting on entry level.

Imperial isn't that much better than Edhec, but is surely dearer!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Seducing a chambermaid online with the ambition of having making prejudice with her as lickety-split as admissible is unsentimental and achievable payment most guys. Unfortunately, separate modus operandi the unhurt relate fool someone together of augment of Internet seduction of women as contrasted with of the benefit of screwing the contaminate way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLEF)
    Hi guys,

i m currently enrolled in my Bachelor at Bocconi University i would like to ask you your opinion about EDHEC i was admitted today to their MiM (Business Management ) with a Schoolarship amounting to the 40 per cent of the fees. I'm really not sure about EDHEC reputation among employers and especially among top consulting firms . Another problem is that at the present i've not a good level of French.

So my question is do you think EDHEC is a good choice and it can give me the opportunity to tap in the consulting world?

Thank you all for your advices.
    Edhec is not a good choice if you want to join top consulting firms, so beware. It is ok for finance and banking.
    If you focus on consulting, a gap year followed by the better renowned UK unis or Hec, Essec would be in order.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.