Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I got onto the Sound Technology course at LIPA, starting in September! Just wondering if anyone had sorted halls? I hear LIPA students normally stay at either Agnes Jones or Cambridge Court, Out of the two, which is more sociable?

I also looked into 'The Lodge' and Grenville street, which both look amazing, but not sure how many people from LIPA end up there/how fun it is? Want to start sorting it out soon, so if anyone knows what's what, then please let me know!

Cheers,
    Pete x
    (Sorry for the double post, not sure where to post this thread seeing as LIPA doesnt have its own forum section )

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I got my offer at LIPA for the music theatre and entertainment management course last mont.! I have absolutely no idea where to go for accommodation!
    I browsed around but LIPA said they'd send a pack of information in April/May so I didn't know weather to wait for it or not D:
    I found some halls called Victoria Halls but they aren't recommended by LIPA even though they do look quite nice!
    I'm so confused!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I had a look into all the accommodation and basically there are 4 choices for LIPA students!

1) Agnes Jones
    This seems the most popular and the most social. £94pw and really close to Lipa. Expect a lot of parties.
    http://agnesjones.co.uk/

2) Unite Village (Cambridge court / Lennon studios / Etc)
    This seems the worst, Lots of horror stories about really crap management. £122pw, and further away then Agnes Jones.
    https://www.unite-students.com/rp134...ambridge-Court

3) The Lodge
    This seems a really nice accommodation. Basically you pick your own room from the floor plan. Prices range from £100 - £130pw, Doesn't seem too sociable as its fairly small. Its also the furthest of the 4.
    http://www.rooms4u.co.uk/thelodge/

4) Grenville Street
    Haven't really heard much about this as its completely new (So new they haven't finished building it yet). But it does look stunning. £105pw in a 5 bedroom flat. Best thing is, you get your own ensuite. Really modern, and the closest to Lipa out of the 4. (Although they're all close!)
    http://www.cosmostudents.com/accommo...nville-street/

I think i'm going to chose Agnes Jones, as its the cheapest, and apparently way more social. Unfortunately places are going really fast, so i'll have to decide soon! :eek:

Anyone have any experiences or opinions, please comment!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I just put my deposit down fr Grenville street. Im going to LIPA to do the MTEM course I didn't fancy cathedral campus or Agnes jones because I didn't fancy sharing a bathroom with 5 others... Plus it's really modern and brand new so Nice and comfy! I want to meet other people from different uni's as well as the people from lipa, but I'm quite nervous that I won't be with anyone from LIPA! Let me know where you choose!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the MTEM course but I'm going to be staying at agnes jones (:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited... Never wanted September to come so fast! x

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrgh! I really don't know where to go! I love the look and features of Grenville Road (ensuite, double bed, really good Internet, modern) but is there a guarantee that it will be built in time? :O it would suck to get to August and be told that it wouldn't be ready in time. Might give them an email

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they would put it up as accommodation if it won't be ready! I hope not anyway! Haha!

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting MTEM this september and i just booked grenville, hopefully they'll finish it in time!

ReputationRep:
    I think they're well on their way, they have 4 months to finish it and if it's not finished then they'll have to find alternative accommodation for people who have booked so happy there are others from LIPA staying there.

ReputationRep:
    ugggh im so stupid, cosmostudents sent me a link to confirm my room in grenville street but they got the method of payment wrong so i rejected it and now i want to do i all over again and it seems that there are no more rooms available or is it just some website error or whatever, does anybody know anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Pete,

I'm also starting Sound Tech at LIPA in September and am kind of confused about choosing halls as well!
    I've heard from friends that have been there that Cambridge court is nice, but they left a few years ago before grenville street was even an option, and things may have changed since then.

Let me know what decision you come to as I have no idea what I'm gonna do!

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, it's all so confusing as to where first years should go! I ended up booking agnes jones as it seemed really social, but I'm kind of having second thoughts about it now I see that more people are thinking of Grenville street! :confused: I know one other guy on our course is in agnes jones though, maybe we should stick together? Aha!

Add me on Facebook anyway dude!

ReputationRep:
    I was initially thinking Agnes Jones for the social side but then I saw Grenville street in the LIPA info pack and went on the website. It looks pretty amazing for student accom so I applied, plus it's cheaper than Cambridge court and its so close.

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied for Grenville Street. I went and checked out Agnes Jones and I thought it had a funny smell so I was completely put off. I didn't fancy sharing a bathroom too. There is still 30 rooms left in Grenville Street, or so I was told yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing Sound Technology at LIPA next year! I booked Agnes Jones, went to have a look round and it looked pretty nice!

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm going to LIPA in September, so excited! I've already got a room at the Lodge with rooms4u. They were absolutely brilliant at organising it, so kind and helpful and made it incredibly easy. I'm very excited to be moving in there in September. I also have a good friend of me who's a year older then me who is at LIPA at the moment. He is at the Lodge at the moment and strongly recommended it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just posted this to someone else but I think it will be of help you too!

I'm a Management student going into my second year at
    LIPA and I stayed at The Lodge this year (room 26) with Rooms 4 U.
    They've been great and I'd really recommend it as accommodation - I've enjoyed it so much that although I'm moving properties in July, I'm staying with Rooms 4 U!

The Lodge is spacious but also comfortable. You may get lost the first few times (I did), but it's a great place. Good location, pretty cheap to get a taxi home (if you call a Delta) and the landlords are lovely and usually easy to contact.

If you haven't already made a choice, I would definitely recommend it. The Lodge has been full of LIPA students this past year and the double beds are a God send!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for saying that! I've already got my room there and was so, so excited! But recently, I bet it's the same for everyone, I've been worried that I've made the wrong choice! I panicked that it might be full of second year LIPA students for some reason, or that there wont be many people living there. What you've just said has reassured me that it's a great place to live though, so hopefully these worried feelings will now disappear :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm studying this course too this September. I was so torn and confused I didn't know what to do because I've heard so many people say don't use halls as they've had so much trouble with them. Then I found a company called Urban sleep, so I'm now sharing a studio flat for around 80 quid a week bills included with a student from John Moores. Urban sleep have a load of different types of accommodation from flats to self contained studio flats and it's only a 5 minute walk to LIPA itself. I hope you managed to sort your accommodation out!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.