Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyonee.
    Well I have done the two assessed practicals for biology, and 1st time round I got 28/40 which was terrible LOL. But I got another chance to do it, I revised etc. but when I got to the practical and looked back I felt I did quite badly, and this is kinda something to boost up my mark as I'm not sure I'll be doing great in my exams but I'm revising and trying hard. Will I get another chance after my two chances to redo these assessed practicals:? Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your school. You can do each of qualitative/quantitative/evaluative experiments a maximum of three times. However your school might not be willing to devote so much time to do all three because they need to time to get through the syllabus. Most centres will do two of each.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh my problem is the evaluative.. i got 10/20 however the other two marks aren't to bad 8/10 and 10/10, so could I just do the evaluative again.

ReputationRep:
    you've got a problem in that the evaluative is based one of the quantitative experiments. If your school decided not to do that quantitative they will not want to organise the practical just for you. However it is possible to do the eval without the quant but its more difficult. You have to read the account of the expt from the description sheet they give you and work out what was done. This is always more difficult if you haven't actually done it. Also if the quant and eval are done on different days you have a chance to read up on the subject

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.