Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I'm Italian and I won a 9 months erasmus scholarship for the university of kent (starting in september 2013:CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEN ).

Yesterday I've sent my application form and I'm waiting for my ID and password in order to apply for accomodation. How long does it takes from the time you send the application before they send the ID?

I'm a bit anxious because I've read so many threads about accomodation dated January and I'm wondering if I've got a chance to get the room I want ( My first choice will be Park Wood 6 bed houses). Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dic!

Congratulations on getting the Erasmus Scholarship!

Trying to organise accommodation from abroad can be really tricky, but don't panic, there will still be rooms left in September. You might have less of a selection to choose from but doesn't mean that there won't be good rooms available

Keep an eye on placebuzz.com - they advertise lots of rooms in student house shares.

Good luck with your planning! Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your answer, it was really helpful. Anyway, I will probably apply for accomodation within the next week, so I hope to find something! I've read that many students prefer Keynes college or Darwin because they're closer to the lectures, so I hope I'll find some room left in Park Wood ;D
    (Original post by Student Lettings)
    Hi Dic!

Congratulations on getting the Erasmus Scholarship!

Trying to organise accommodation from abroad can be really tricky, but don't panic, there will still be rooms left in September. You might have less of a selection to choose from but doesn't mean that there won't be good rooms available

Keep an eye on placebuzz.com - they advertise lots of rooms in student house shares.

Good luck with your planning! Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.