Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am trying to find a past student or current student from applied sciences by research masters course?

I just have a few questions and to ultimately find out is Bournemouth a good college for it?

ReputationRep:
    Had a friend who did an MRes Applied Sciences at Bournemouth Uni. It's a wide field and allows you to focus on any interest which can be supervised within the faculty. That gives you anything from Archaeology, through Forensic Science, Geography, and Ecology amongst others. Depends what Applied Science in particular you're looking to focus on - it'd be worth trawling their website to check out the various research themes to see if it fits. The field store is well equipped and has some pretty expensive kit which is made available to students for unsupervised use. However the research labs are currently being refurbished and are due to reopen early next year. Lab space is still available but a bit pushed, and the SEM will be out of action until the labs reopen. If you're not planning lab-based work, it shouldn't be an issue.

My friend found her MRes there pretty heavy going, but the things she was saying about her MRes were things I found with my taught MA at a different uni. Didn't sound like Bournemouth had any specific issues above and beyond the usual Masters/postgrad research stresses.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a mill. I will check out the research themes but I would be looking a lab based thesis.

Would you or your friend know of reviews on the postgraduate courses in science? There are none that I can see from Bournemouth.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.