Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm currently applying for student finance for my 2nd year but i've hit a bit of a roadblock.

In the evidence section it says 'Select which evidence item you will provide to confirm your Course not completed reason' and it gives me the option of sending 'Evidence of compelling personal reasons'.

2 years ago I studied chemistry but left in my 1st term. I've since payed the entire student loan back. I assume that this is the reason why i'm being asked to provide this evidence.

I'm a little confused as to why I didn't get asked for this evidence when applying for finance for the last year though. I also don't have a clue what I would send as evidence.

I can't ring up student finance atm, so I thought I would see if anyone else here has been in a similar situation or just some general advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchrodingersHat)
    Hi, i'm currently applying for student finance for my 2nd year but i've hit a bit of a roadblock.

In the evidence section it says 'Select which evidence item you will provide to confirm your Course not completed reason' and it gives me the option of sending 'Evidence of compelling personal reasons'.

2 years ago I studied chemistry but left in my 1st term. I've since payed the entire student loan back. I assume that this is the reason why i'm being asked to provide this evidence.

I'm a little confused as to why I didn't get asked for this evidence when applying for finance for the last year though. I also don't have a clue what I would send as evidence.

I can't ring up student finance atm, so I thought I would see if anyone else here has been in a similar situation or just some general advice would be appreciated.
    This is for if you left university due to illness or something. If you don't have mitigating circumstances for leaving university, you don't need to worry about sending in evidence.

If you simply left because the course wasn't for you - don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    This is for if you left university due to illness or something. If you don't have mitigating circumstances for leaving university, you don't need to worry about sending in evidence.

If you simply left because the course wasn't for you - don't worry about it
    Brilliant, thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.