Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I just want to have an idea on who's firming CASS and if you guys are happy with it.

I'm on crossroads as to whether to reapply or just take CASS and get on with it.

Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I firmed Cass for Banking & International Finance, really like the degree to be honest.

Would go to LSE or UCL but don't have A-Level Maths :/ But I'm still happy with Cass really

What are your concerns?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Yeah, I firmed Cass for Banking & International Finance, really like the degree to be honest.

Would go to LSE or UCL but don't have A-Level Maths :/ But I'm still happy with Cass really

What are your concerns?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's just a mixed bag. I probably will not take a gap year purely on the fact that I love the course structure and I don't want to waste a whole year. If there's one major issue that I have to admit to, it would be its lack of reputation and how it's completely dominated by the top universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastbeats)
    It's just a mixed bag. I probably will not take a gap year purely on the fact that I love the course structure and I don't want to waste a whole year. If there's one major issue that I have to admit to, it would be its lack of reputation and how it's completely dominated by the top universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, that does bother me too. But people do make it from there and it is improving. It's about who you are more. Unless by taking an extra year it's going to somehow allow you to go to a top university and unless you're getting relevant work experience, I'd probably just take Cass to be honest. Depends what your other options are. I'd much rather study what I want to do rather than straight Economics or something which can get tedious after a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that does bother me too. But people do make it from there and it is improving. It's about who you are more. Unless by taking an extra year it's going to somehow allow you to go to a top university and unless you're getting relevant work experience, I'd probably just take Cass to be honest. Depends what your other options are. I'd much rather study what I want to do rather than straight Economics or something which can get tedious after a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in complete agreement with you and yes economics can get really tedious, that's why I applied for philosophy and economics at other universities. It's the person who makes it at the end of the day but when banks look for new interns, they look at where you graduated first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What are your concerns?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting for the decision.
    Arggg anyway congrats for your firm choice!
    I've applied for the same course at Cass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tharntharn)
    I'm still waiting for the decision.
    Arggg anyway congrats for your firm choice!
    I've applied for the same course at Cass.
    You should ring them and ask. Pretty sure you should have got a decision by now? Unless you are coming from abroad maybe, I don't know. Look forward to seeing you though if you come

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should ring them and ask. Pretty sure you should have got a decision by now? Unless you are coming from abroad maybe, I don't know. Look forward to seeing you though if you come

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yes you're right. I'm not from the UK.
    It's only the 7th week so I'm gonna wait for 1 more week.
    It took them almost a week to reply my email last time when I asked about my application status so I guess I'm gonna have to ring them this time.

Anyway thanks mate!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tharntharn

It takes 6-8 weeks to process applications and this time of year is extremely busy for the Admissions Team, but they are aiming to respond to applicants as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss your application however, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or call 020 7040 4040

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cass Business School)
    Hi Tharntharn

It takes 6-8 weeks to process applications and this time of year is extremely busy for the Admissions Team, but they are aiming to respond to applicants as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss your application however, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or call 020 7040 4040

Thanks
    I rang them about two weeks ago and they said it would take 6-10 weeks.
    They also said that they received my application on 5th of march although on city email they mentioned that my application has arrived on 22nd of february.

My guess would be that they're waiting for the first batch deadline (which is today) so that they can know if there're available places left. I wish there were and they would give me the decision soon. Waiting isn't fun at all

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tharntharn

As you apply to City University through UCAS, the central admissions team then send your application to the Cass Admissions team, this is why they would have received it on the 5 March.

We know waiting isn't fun, but please bear with us, our Admissions Team are working hard to process all applications. If you do need any reassurance do not hesitate to contact them.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cass Business School)
    Hi Tharntharn

As you apply to City University through UCAS, the central admissions team then send your application to the Cass Admissions team, this is why they would have received it on the 5 March.

We know waiting isn't fun, but please bear with us, our Admissions Team are working hard to process all applications. If you do need any reassurance do not hesitate to contact them.

Thanks
    Hello Cass Business School,

Can you tell me please, whether the funding decision for Cass Business School PhD programme is already available?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I received a conditional offer for Management at Cass.
    Is there anyone from Italy who selected the same course as firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ITAGirl)
    Hi,

I received a conditional offer for Management at Cass.
    Is there anyone from Italy who selected the same course as firm?
    I'm Italian and I've selected CASS as firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    What is cass like anyone been there before?

ReputationRep:
    good school! very professional and finance driven... management for us is a no no... however the networking is good and the cass alumni network remains pretty damn strong considering we are continually treated as underdogs, eventhough we have the most relevant courses (for the finance sector at least)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.