Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

D of E: UK residential summer camps for Duke of Edinburgh? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently completing my DofE gold awrd and I need to go to residential camp for 5 days with people I don't know...
    I'm searching for one atm but it is not working well what did you people do for your gold D of E?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)
    I'm currently completing my DofE gold awrd and I need to go to residential camp for 5 days with people I don't know...
    I'm searching for one atm but it is not working well what did you people do for your gold D of E?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went up to a campsite somewhere in Nottingham to help at a summer camp for disabled kids, was great fun

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Iceland summer 2012 jamboree with my Scout troop. It sounds like we were cheating somewhat, but amazingly our assessor let us off because; a) We spent most of the day with other people, some of which could hardly speak English. b) There were only 10 of us in our troop and 2000 others in the camp. c) We did it for over a week rather than 5 days. d) We had to learn some Icelandic, and finally, we had to teach both the Icelandic people, and other people in the camp (English, Canadians, French and even a Korean,) how to do some Scottish dancing.

It was amazing fun! Granted, it sounds like we cheated a bit, but our leaders let us off with it!

ReputationRep:
    I was going to do cathedral camps, where you help with conservation of a cathedral in the UK. It was one of the cheaper options when I looked, don't know about now though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.