Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I live in Bulgaria, that is, of course, in the EU. I made choices in UCAS already and I am now applying for a tuition loan as an EU citizen. There is one thing that concerns me most and that is the evidence required. There is no way I would trust the mail service with my ID card, and therefore I am going to use the photocopy option. The problem here is that I don't know what exactly has to be written for the photocopy to be certified (for example, if I go to the police station, they would first make me wait, then perhaps make me go around the building until there is a person to certify my ID copy, then I will have to go to an official translator to make the document valid (because "true as original" would be written in my language), which is pretty darn long operation; moreover, the police employee wouldn't want to give his name and phone number, which are required to be given as details of the certifier).

But then I saw the option that a "tutor/lecturer" could verify my photocopy. Does that mean that I can go to my class teacher or my English teacher at school and ask them to write that my real ID is the same as on the photocopy, and ask them to leave contact details? What do they have to include?

Thanks, and sorry for the long question,
    Alex
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Alex,

Yes a teacher or lecturer should be fine. They should leave their name, address, contact telephone number and Passport number is possible. They should also sign and date the certification.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    But if I may bump this with another question.

I found the Certifier Checklist at http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media...ist_1314_d.pdf ;
    It says it has to be stamped, however my teacher cannot provide a stamp, and my school refuses to stamp it. What do I do?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi again Hawkeye,

If your school or teacher are unable to unwilling to provide a stamp you will have to find an alternative person to certify your evidence.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Alrighty, thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.