Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How easy is it to get a student flat share for next year and move in late May or early June? There is a specific area I want to move into so the amount of flats available will have to be pretty intense!

My current flat share is up in May and I don't want to move into a student flat for the summer and then have to move into another in August/September. I live in Edinburgh where there is three big universities but I am still nervous there won't be any student flats to move into in my area in may/june as I know loads of people in the area I want to move into!

Thanks to anyone who can advise x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dynamic duke)
    How easy is it to get a student flat share for next year and move in late May or early June? There is a specific area I want to move into so the amount of flats available will have to be pretty intense!

My current flat share is up in May and I don't want to move into a student flat for the summer and then have to move into another in August/September. I live in Edinburgh where there is three big universities but I am still nervous there won't be any student flats to move into in my area in may/june as I know loads of people in the area I want to move into!

Thanks to anyone who can advise x
    Well I've been looking for flats in Edinburgh for September when I'm starting uni, and I've found various flats with start dates from now until September. Quite a few in May, but not so much in June I've found. Try looking on the accomodationforstudents website or citylets for student flats.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people who are looking for one or two new flatmates (say if one of their current flatmates is moving out and the rest want to stay where they are) will advertise on gumtree. Just use common sense with Gumtree to skip the sketchy people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.