Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering if you lot just work for the money or do you actually enjoy going to work, if you enjoy going to work why do you enjoy going to work?

I actually enjoy going to work because there's always someone to talk to and mess around with

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I work in a special school and the kids make me happy and I enjoy looking after them, playing with them and working with them.

Edit: Also, whenever I need time off for whatever reason I can get it (though unpaid of course) because it's supposed to be a supply role even though I work 5 days a week. I also finish at 3.45 which is shorter than the average working day.

ReputationRep:
    I like my hours more than I like my job.

ReputationRep:
    I work as a kitchen porter in a pub. I definitely wouldn't say I enjoy it i.e. I wouldn't do it if I weren't going to get paid. I do not dislike it though, I am quite happy to carry out my shift as it is such easy work and I can just be left alone with my own thoughts for 4 or 5 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    I work in a garden centre, used to be in the plants section but now an in the furniture department. Yes, I do it for the money but I do actually enjoy my job, I like the people I work with and it's a (on the whole) nice place to be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a postal worker and i absolutely hate my job. I have a mean boss who's always having a go at me and i just HATE working in the rain or snow. But i do get paid well so i can't complain too much.

ReputationRep:
    I love my job. It has good days and bad days but even the bad days are ok.

I do wonder if my staff would say the same though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The build-up to work is probably the worst part. I don't mind it so much when I'm there because I'm good friends with a lot of people who work there. It can get a bit dull and repetitive though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure no matter what job it is I'm still going to not like going to work because that means getting up early in the morning having to get on a train that’s overly crowded. Once I'm at the office I'm fine and enjoy it but its the getting up at specific times and commuting that really sucks. Working at home would be good but I'm sure after a while you will start to want more interaction with coworkers and no skyping is not the same because you don’t come across interesting conversations that your coworkers might be chatting about. Your just get the official conversations that need to take place that usually involve your work.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I don't hate going to work, I just don't enjoy it. I'm pretty much just working for the money now. At times it's nice but otherwise, meh. I start at 7 so I have to wake up at 6am every Saturday but I finish at 2.30 which isn't too bad - at least I have the rest of the day left to chill.

ReputationRep:
    I do enjoy going to work but it does have it's good days and bad days. I get on with everyone I work with !

ReputationRep:
    It depends on my mood, there are some days when i absolutely hate my job but some days i love it to death. there are some bad and good days at work as well, but most of them are not that bad. Though overall i would say that i work only for money now and this definitely is not my lifetime job. Whenever I have a bad day I think that working is better than doing nothing at home and that i will be paid and the bad day will come to an end anyway. Also I think about going to uni in October that means that I have less than 6 months to spend at this workplace which is good. Goodbye retail then.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love going to work. I have a part time job while doing my a levels and it gives me something to do and keeps me active, and I've made friends there that are probably friends for life!

ReputationRep:
    All depends on the people you work with, I've found.

Best job + bad management / people = awful job - resulting in hard to wake up, get to work, get through the day.
    Worse job + good colleagues / management = fab job - fun, part of a team, skipping to work
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    I love my job. It's good pay and I can choose my hours and take time off whenever I want, and the people I work with are fantastic.
    The only thing I don't like is getting there and back, It's just over half an hour drive/train and in the winter It's freezing on the train and I don't like to drive..

ReputationRep:
    I have a job I worked really hard to get, and I probably wouldn't want to be doing anything else...

So I do enjoy it a bit, but I still find it difficult getting up for work. Doing something 40 hours a week, however interesting you find it, is also difficult.

So yes, I do enjoy my work but I would prefer to only do a few days a week!

If I won millions on the lottery I would probably quit my job, certainly after a few years - there are so many other things I'd like to do with my time.

ReputationRep:
    My main job is in a nursery/after school club. I enjoy the job, working with the kids etc. I just wish it was better paid. And a couple of the staff annoy me.
    My 2nd job is at mcdonalds. I enjoy it there. It can be a bit stressful sometimes, but its not a bad job. I enjoy the job, the staff are great and the pay is quite good (better than the nursery).

ReputationRep:
    Consider I work at the uni coffee shop, yeah. I get to chat with people I don't usually get to in lectures/halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    I have a job I worked really hard to get, and I probably wouldn't want to be doing anything else...

So I do enjoy it a bit, but I still find it difficult getting up for work. Doing something 40 hours a week, however interesting you find it, is also difficult.

So yes, I do enjoy my work but I would prefer to only do a few days a week!

If I won millions on the lottery I would probably quit my job, certainly after a few years - there are so many other things I'd like to do with my time.
    Welcome to the world of work. Most working people have to get up for work and doing 40 hours a week is a common thing for people working full time as well.

ReputationRep:
    Work is a means to an end; but the better one is at their job the greater their rewards are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.