Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied armature student but don't know what to do about accommodation.... If the course is over two days I'll travel from my home (140mile round trip) but if I've got to be there 3 days or more its going to be financially viable to live near uni.... Do I
    A) rent cheap one bed and miss out on my daughter and partner
    B) move the whole family???
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chances are that you'll need to be at uni more than two days a week, so it's good to plan ahead.

Your options are really dependent on your circumstances and how your partner feels. Is your child of school age? Are they of an age where moving areas/schools would be a major upheaval? Is your partner able to easily move? Do they have a job where you are now and would they be able to find another in the new place if you need their wage? What do they think about moving - have you asked them? Seems like the kind of fundamental life issue you'd need to discuss and agree with your partner.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply!
    My daughter starts school this year and my family (and her father) are all here so it would be an upheaval. My partners flat is mortgaged so it would be difficult to sort something out but not impossible.
    I suffer from depression and anxiety and rely heavily on family support but maybe moving away and making new friends would be ok....
    I've looked to maybe moving yo Bournemouth as its only an hours drive then and my partner can still stay at his work. He can transfer to Aldershot or tidworth but both are still an hour away from university. My course I've applied for is 16% uni time the rest is home study but don't know what this equates to?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.