Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There may be a point where I have to drop out of university and sit some a levels to get on to a course I am desperate to do . At the moment I have no idea if biology is wholly necessary (it says on the website I need a 'science' and according to the uni psychology is classed as a science) but if it was the case, would doing an AS and A2 in one year, and get at least a B be impossible?

I understand it wouldn't be easy, and that I would have to work ridiculously hard. But what do you guys think? Has anyone else here done it?

ReputationRep:
    Biology is a hell of a subject...I don't see the use of the random facts in it.
    Do some other science
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I don't think so. We usually don't do A2 and AS in one year.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible I think. One of my friends is doing AS and A2 Physics in a year, and he's doing really well at it, so I'd assume that it is possible to do the same for Biology, though it would probably be quite difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamo123)
    I don't think so. We usually don't do A2 and AS in one year.
    I know that you don't do AS and A2 in one year - I would have to sit as an external student as I have already completed my a level and would be dropping out of university.

(Original post by Anime Lover)
    It is possible I think. One of my friends is doing AS and A2 Physics in a year, and he's doing really well at it, so I'd assume that it is possible to do the same for Biology, though it would probably be quite difficult.
    I thought it would be too, I know someone who did physics and maths AS and A2 in one year. Hmmm.. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownie anyone?)
    I know that you don't do AS and A2 in one year - I would have to sit as an external student as I have already completed my a level and would be dropping out of university.

I thought it would be too, I know someone who did physics and maths AS and A2 in one year. Hmmm.. Thanks
    No problem You'll just have to work hard if that's what you decide to do!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Brownie anyone?)
    There may be a point where I have to drop out of university and sit some a levels to get on to a course I am desperate to do . At the moment I have no idea if biology is wholly necessary (it says on the website I need a 'science' and according to the uni psychology is classed as a science) but if it was the case, would doing an AS and A2 in one year, and get at least a B be impossible?

I understand it wouldn't be easy, and that I would have to work ridiculously hard. But what do you guys think? Has anyone else here done it?
    I think it should be perfectly possible - I've taken up AS Biology in my A2 year, and it's really easy. They wouldn't let me do the whole A2 as it wouldn't have fit in my timetable, but my teacher says it would definitely have been offered to me if I had had time.
    However, there is a coursework element to it, which may be difficult for an external candidate as you would need to do it under controlled conditions in a local college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.