The Student Room Group

I've changed my mind. UCAS extra??

So when I made all my University choices, I wanted to stay at home (QUB). I now am sure I want to go away but have realised i didn't put a lot of thought into my other 4 choices. :confused: I am sitting on the grades that is required for Biomedical Science and my predicted grades are higher. I got all of my five choices but now regret not putting down Strathclyde or Glasgow Caledonian. If I decline all my offers and apply to one of these, do you think it would be likely that I'd get a place? I know it's risky but I really don't want to have regrets if i stay at home!!
Also which one, Cale or Strathclyde? Both are accredited by IBMS

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :colondollar:
Original post by amagee481
So when I made all my University choices, I wanted to stay at home (QUB). I now am sure I want to go away but have realised i didn't put a lot of thought into my other 4 choices. :confused: I am sitting on the grades that is required for Biomedical Science and my predicted grades are higher. I got all of my five choices but now regret not putting down Strathclyde or Glasgow Caledonian. If I decline all my offers and apply to one of these, do you think it would be likely that I'd get a place? I know it's risky but I really don't want to have regrets if i stay at home!!
Also which one, Cale or Strathclyde? Both are accredited by IBMS

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :colondollar:

Before you withdraw your application you should contact Strathclyde and Glasgow Caledonian and ask if they have any places left, and see if they would accept your application, and if they'd consider you as an applicant. (I would phone them rather than emailing too).

If one of them will accept your application and consider you, you will then have to decline from your current five offers.

Through Extra, you can only apply to one university at a time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by amagee481
If I decline all my offers and apply to one of these, do you think it would be likely that I'd get a place?

Ring them up and ask them - you need to do that before applying through Extra anyway so find out before you even decline your offers.

See if you can visit if possible before you have to decide - that makes it easier to pick between the two if they're both interested in you. With Extra you only get to apply for one choice at a time so you need to do your research before you commit to anything:smile:
Reply 3
if you get higher grades than are required for your firm you can use UCAS adjustment and apply for another university on results day if you don't want to decline your offers but as the others have said definitely ring the unis first! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by blossom786
Hi

I have applied for physics with astronomy at sheffield, leeds, lancaster liverpool. i received an offer from all four and kept sheffield and leeds as my firm and insurance.

I know you can only go through extra if you decline all your offers. i made the decisions of my firm and insurance a while ago and submitted my application way back in december, so got my replies pretty quick

Now I have a slight problem...I've decided I want to do something else...geophysical sciences. I searched on ucas course and leeds university do geophysical sciences, but I've applied there for physics ..

what on earth should I do now?! because it says once you click 'firm' you have to commit to it!

also, I searched for geophysical sciences at leeds uni on ucas, and it shows that there ARE vacancies through extra..
Have a look at Changing your Mind.
Reply 5
Thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest