Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Evening parliamentarians,

It has been brought to my attention that tehFrance has been banned and will remain permanently banned from the MHoC and MUN even after his side-wide ban is done.

For this reason, tehFrance is now obviously unable to take a seat.

Toronto and I have discussed the matter and have decided that we will allocate his seat away to another candidate using the General Election results with the usual D'Hont method. This amounts to "highlighting" the next largest value in the results analysis matrix - and that means the Liberals will get his seat, bolstering their seat count to 5. Here is a table of the revised, final (I hope) results:

The way we saw it, there were two solutions: A by-election or a simple seat reallocation using the general election results and we went with the latter because:

>TehFrance was banned before the seats were originally allocated, though we only found out of its permanent nature after the seat calculations were done.
    >So technically, TehFrance never owned that seat, had I for some reason delayed my seat calculations to today/after instead of yesterday (which I believe past Speakers did), then I would not have been able to grant him that seat, would have excluded him from the D'Hont allocations and given the seat over to the next highest element, so in light of this recent piece of knowledge we felt this was the only fair way of treating it and is consistent at least with how we'd treat it had we realised earlier.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to make your query in the results analysis thread or in Ask the Speaker.

Jarred

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.