The Student Room Group

Remark of C3 Maths

I've asked for a remark of C3 (Edexcel) from this January since the results were lower than what I expected, and received the result last week going from an 82 to an 88 UMS.

I've read that it's only possible to get a refund if the grade changes rather than the mark. What does this mean?

At the moment I still have a shot at an A*, should I achieve 92+ in C4. If I were to get 92 would this count as my overall grade changing from an A to an A*? Since without the remark I would have only achieved an A.

It seems unfair that I would be charged regardless when Edexcel were the ones to make a mistake in the marking of my exam.
Reply 1
Original post by Sulphur
I've asked for a remark of C3 (Edexcel) from this January since the results were lower than what I expected, and received the result last week going from an 82 to an 88 UMS.

I've read that it's only possible to get a refund if the grade changes rather than the mark. What does this mean?

Edexcel's rules are: if you are cashed-in, then your overall grade has to change to get a refund, but (as in your case) if you aren't cashed in then the unit grade has to change to get a refund. You started with a unit grade of a, you finished with a unit grade of a so you do not get a refund.

Original post by Sulphur
At the moment I still have a shot at an A*, should I achieve 92+ in C4. If I were to get 92 would this count as my overall grade changing from an A to an A*? Since without the remark I would have only achieved an A..

No, as it won't happen in the exam season where you paid for the re-mark.
Reply 2
/Rage

Thanks for your reply! +1

Quick Reply

Latest