Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brief check of email (grammar etc.) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

could a native speaker from the UK have a short look at the following email (check for grammar, understanding, etc.)?
    I am applying for an Erasmus year in UK and want to send this e-mail as there are some open issues.

Subject: Erasmus 13/14: Question about project module and switching departments

Dear Ms xx,

I received your e-mail regarding the study abroad online application form and have some open issues.

I am studying Systems Engineering in my sixth semester at the University of xx.
    With Professor xx's consent (he is the local Erasmus coordinator for the Department of Mathematics) I applied for a full year Erasmus scholarship at your university via the Department of Mathematics. Eventually I was nominated.

Since I am studying engineering I would like to continue doing so at the University of xx. Is it possible to be based in your School of Engineering, although I (formally) applied for your Mathematical Institute?

Additionally, and this is my stronger concern, I would like to attend the "ESxxx Project" module (http://wwwxx). By undertaking said project I will be able to finish my bachelor's degree.
    Is it possible to ensure that I can attend this particular module, prior to arriving in September?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

xx xx
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dear Ms xx,

I received your e-mail regarding the study abroad online application form and have some questions.

I am in my sixth semester studying Systems Engineering at the University of xx.
    With Professor xx's consent (he is the local Erasmus coordinator for the Department of Mathematics) I applied for a full year Erasmus scholarship at your university via the Department of Mathematics and was accepted.

Since I am studying engineering I would like to continue doing so at the University of xx. Is it possible to be based in your School of Engineering, even though I applied to the Mathematical Institute?

Additionally, I would like to do the "ESxxx Project" module (http://wwwxx). By undertaking this project I would be able to finish my bachelor's degree.
    Would it be possible for me to attend this particular module prior to arriving in September?

Regards

xx xx

Hope that's ok, your English is very understandable, I just changed a couple of bits that soundly only slightly strange.

ReputationRep:
    "Subject: Erasmus 13/14: Question about project module and switching departments

Dear Ms xx,

I have received your e-mail regarding the study abroad online application form and I have some open issues.

I am currently in my sixth semester, studying Systems Engineering, at the University of xx.
    With Professor xx's (the local Erasmus coordinator for the Department of Mathematics) consent, I have applied for a full year Erasmus scholarship at *name of university* via the Department of Mathematics. Eventually I was nominated.

Since I am studying engineering I would like to continue doing so at the University of xx. Is it possible to be based in your School of Engineering, although I (formally) applied for your Mathematical Institute? -this para needs to be a little bit more clear

Additionally, and this is my stronger concern, I would like to attend the "ESxxx Project" module (http://wwwxx). By undertaking said project I will be able to finish my bachelor's degree.
    Is it possible to ensure that I can attend this particular module, prior to arriving in September?

Regards" Ive only made one/2 adjustments and this email still needs some work.

ReputationRep:
    dude with the pink top women; You were closer to it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.