OCR A AS Geography this Friday! Watch

ghtrevgy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Will anybody else be sitting OCR A AS Geography this Friday?

Geography (should be) my easiest AS level and I hope this exam will be okay. I am really dreading the Investigations Paper though, I have had so little practice/revision at it.

emmz23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have my AQA AS geog papers this friday. Sooo much 2 revise 4 it tho, so little time- i got 3 exams b4 then!!!
Dave74
Report 12 years ago
Same here , i dont knwo much at all, and dont know any of hte case studies, im dropping it next year so thats my excuse, i got General studies in about 2 hours, and wed and thurs is taken up by sociology and psychology, gah , no time .....
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
I agree, there is so much to learn.

For me, it's my first exam, so if it goes badly it will drop my confidence for the rest of them

mike89
Report 12 years ago
i agree and the worst thing is that its all the AS in one afternoon-a triple marathon of exams!!!
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike89)
i agree and the worst thing is that its all the AS in one afternoon-a triple marathon of exams!!!
Mine has been moved to the morning because it clashed with Critical Thinking.

Friday will be fun. 3 Geography exams in the AM then 2 big, long Critical Thinking exams in the PM. Oh joy. :rolleyes:
Leilah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do not do this subject.
mike89
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kuptaan)
I do not do this subject.
:confused: thanx for letting us know!:toofunny: :toofunny:
Need2Speed
Report 12 years ago
Im dreading this exam aswell. The human part is OK although I know the physical section is gonna kill me. I dont know any case studies, nor do I know anything about the investigation paper (which looks pretty long). PM exams it is for me, and it kicks off at 1:00pm. Good Luck all, and if you want any revision help messege me.
Need2Speed
Report 12 years ago
Also, if anyone has any past papers this will be appreciated. I only have the specimens from the OCR site. Thanks again.
mike89
Report 12 years ago
Lets be frank-who thinks they are totally screwed for friday?:nn:
futuredentist11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
on the case studys if you just know the facts e.g. for human population movements n u got no clue on a case study. Just use the facts to a random place.....
mike89
Report 12 years ago
The physical seems to be the main problem-human and investigations are okay!
Serenity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ack. My exam board is Edexcel but I also have geog on Friday. I haven't done any revision - because I was planning on dropping it and now I'm having second thoughts and having to review the whole course in 2 days :P
If anyone knows any good sites for case studies it would be very very much appreciated.
Alpott
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As long as you know your stuff the questions are pretty standard, nothing difficult really, just make sure you throw in as much geographical terminology as you can, I was worried about this exam too last year, I found it extremely easy, don't worry about the investigation paper too much, just make sure you get the best grades you can in the human/physical papers, as you really really really don't want to be retaking them in january, investigation paper is the best thing to retake, I got a B in Human and a C in Physical and a.. U in investigation, got a D overall, but when I retook the investgation paper and got a B, it pushed my overall grade to a B, well, that's what happened with me anyway.. wish you all the luck
Need2Speed
Report 12 years ago
I've been trying to revise but struggling on Physical part, Human section seems OK. Aint started Atmosphere yet, im dreading it, will do it 2morrow (day b4 exam). NEED to revise!!!
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Good luck for Friday, everyone.

I also dislike the Atmosphere section, Need2Speed. I hate the slopes part of the Lithosphere section as well. Just have to pray it doesn't come up
mike89
Report 12 years ago
The timing is pretty tight in the human-just a hour!
Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The timing is pretty tight in the human-just a hour
I agree, I can see myself trailing off on trying to think about the question too much and then seeing the clock and having a panic attack.
But...not done as much revision as I should have, doing more today but still..not good.
Alpott
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It is very tight, It was time to finish when I was halfway through my last question.. it makes you cut down reading time which is bad :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.63%
No - but I will (74)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.57%

Watched Threads