Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I've received an offer for German at Oxford but I actually applied for English and German and was invited for interviews only for German.
    I was wondering, do you think it'd be possible to add English to my course once I've started it?
    (Sorry about my English, anyway, I'm not a native speaker and that's probably one of the main reasons why I wasn't invited for interviews in English in December :\ )

I've been accepted in two other universities (Kent and Southampton) for English and German, but I think turning down Oxford would be just crazy.

I need some advice, help me, please!
    Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeBE710)
    Hello everyone!
    I've received an offer for German at Oxford but I actually applied for English and German and was invited for interviews only for German.
    I was wondering, do you think it'd be possible to add English to my course once I've started it?
    (Sorry about my English, anyway, I'm not a native speaker and that's probably one of the main reasons why I wasn't invited for interviews in English in December :\ )

I've been accepted in two other universities (Kent and Southampton) for English and German, but I think turning down Oxford would be just crazy.

I need some advice, help me, please!
    Thanksss
    Hi, to be honest I don't think your chances are great. The cases I have heard of where people were able to add a subject all involved adding a new subject that they hadn't originally applied for (My friend applied and got in for French, but then decided he wanted to learn Russian as well so he had to sit the linguistics aptitude test and have an interview in Freshers week) The problem is you've already applied and been rejected for English - I doubt they would give you another chance once you get there (and anyway you've already sat the latest ELAT - they wouldn't create a new ELAT paper for you to sit).

ReputationRep:
    I see, that's what I thought as well.
    Thank you very much for your help

ReputationRep:
    The best time to change direction is after your first year. Changing course at Oxford isn't permissible.......I don't think??? Look it up on their website I think I remember your allowed at cambridge uni but not at oxford. You'd have to check it out for yourself to be sure.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.