Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Sorry in advance for the long question(s)!

Basically, I am an EU student and I got in uni last year, so I was only waiting the for the student finance decision to start the (undergraduate) course. I ended up being refused based on the fact that I already have an undergraduate degree, although it is neither an honours nor a UK degree.

This year, after taking a gap year, I wanted to apply again, but on my page it only shows my previous application, and doesn't let me apply for a new year. Am I doing something wrong?

And other question, when I went to the open day at my uni, I was advised to try to apply as a migrant worker for tuition and/or maintenance, since I've been working in the UK since October 2012. Could you advice me on this?

Thank you so much for your time.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any reason why my question wasn't answered? :confused: I tried to call SF but no one picked up my call as well...
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Adma,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you.

We take any previous study into account when determining eligibility to further student finance. If you've already been declined student finance then it is very unlikely that this decision will change when you reapply.

With regards to eligibility I can't comment further without access to your course details but I would suggest emailing our Migrant Worker team directly at [email protected] to find out about potential eligibility.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.