Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So I've just got a job working at Wetherspoons, and went for my induction on Saturday 6th. Could I ask, as my student loan has run out :-( whether anyone knows when I will be paid for this induction? I spent the last of my money getting to the induction!
    Will it be this Friday, or next?

ReputationRep:
    I don't work for Wetherspoons but have been paid for every induction I've had, so doubt Wetherspoons would be any different.

ReputationRep:
    When I worked for Wetherspoons I did get paid for my induction.

ReputationRep:
    If I did my induction on a Thursday will I get paid the next Friday?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take? I did my induction today but will I get paid next Friday? Do u no the cut off date and how it works??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cocojojo)
    How long did it take? I did my induction today but will I get paid next Friday? Do u no the cut off date and how it works??
    You'd normally get paid in your first pay check so you'd need to review your contract of employment. You'll most likely be paid weekly, monthly or biweekly, the days vary greatly depending upon employer. For example: I get paid on the last friday of the month in my current job but in my last job I was paid on the 4th every month.

So once your employer sends or gives you your terms of employment you'll know then.

ReputationRep:
    My contract is weekly it says I should get paid every friday so say if I did my induction today and and worked next week do you think I'd get paid on Friday for the work I've done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cocojojo)
    My contract is weekly it says I should get paid every friday so say if I did my induction today and and worked next week do you think I'd get paid on Friday for the work I've done?
    I'd assume there was a cut off date if you get paid weekly, so i'd be expecting to wait two weeks whilst they got me on the system and everything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.