Official Edexcel C2 May 2006 Thread! Watch

Mohit_C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sometimes whilst doing C1 and C2, I can do the most complicated yet the most difficult questions like integrating to finding obscure areas under weird graphs/curves, but when it comes to basic **** like adding and subtracting I usually **** up completely, and proving stuff which is so easy, like that screwed up question on Sum of a infinity to 25 or some stuff like that, which i could've done with my eyes closed, if i understood what the bloody question is asking. I probly lose marks that stupidly.
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mohit_C)
Sometimes whilst doing C1 and C2, I can do the most complicated yet the most difficult questions like integrating to finding obscure areas under weird graphs/curves, but when it comes to basic **** like adding and subtracting I usually **** up completely, and proving stuff which is so easy, like that screwed up question on Sum of a infinity to 25 or some stuff like that, which i could've done with my eyes closed, if i understood what the bloody question is asking. I probly lose marks that stupidly.
I agree, I can do such silly mistakes such as forgetting about negative signs and that can mess up the whole answer.
Mohit_C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It really gets on my nerves. It's especially worse with M1 as then you tend to forget to convert into grams/kilograms/Newtwons etc...
investor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for the logs it was x=2 for first and log base a 99 for the second answer if you didnt get those you dont deserve to pass !!
saasmi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can anyone explain the integration question...last part of the last question..

actually i'd like an explaination of the question itself...how was integration supposed to be used...:confused:
danniella
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hello!

If you used the values x=0 and x=2 (at least I think that the x co-ordinate of A was 2) in your integral, it gave you the area under the curve between the y-axis and A. If you then found the y co-ordinate of A, that gave you the height of the triangle. The area of the region R was the area of the triangle (from x=2 to x=3.33333etc, so the base is 1.3333333etc and the height was 16). Adding the area of the triangle to the integral gave you the area of R. Or at least I hope it did...

love danniella
N0_1_Indian
Report 12 years ago
the papaer was soooo easy i reckon i got 100ums..quite confident.
Coolraj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Got to admit, the paper is quiet easy... more easier than i would've thought... Even though I arrived 10 minutes late to the exam, I finished in time to check all the questions for the second time and make sure I have gained the easy marks...
insparato
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by danniella)
Hello!

If you used the values x=0 and x=2 (at least I think that the x co-ordinate of A was 2) in your integral, it gave you the area under the curve between the y-axis and A. If you then found the y co-ordinate of A, that gave you the height of the triangle. The area of the region R was the area of the triangle (from x=2 to x=3.33333etc, so the base is 1.3333333etc and the height was 16). Adding the area of the triangle to the integral gave you the area of R. Or at least I hope it did...

love danniella
Thats the way i did it Danniella .
dec0!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dw ur definitely gona get 100% im so sure, wow if u dnt get 100% then wow, lol ur defo gna get 100% indian wow for sure ull get 100% dw abt it, ur so clver 100 % definitely
*sazzy*
Report 12 years ago
Welll, i def didnt get anywhere near 100%!

completely ***** up that exam...personally i blame the sickness bug i had all weekend lol

Seriously though, this i how bad i was, i couldn't even factorise a basic quadtratic, i mean ...how??? :confused:

still, from what i've read at least i've got a few right...
danniella
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dec0!)
dw ur definitely gona get 100% im so sure, wow if u dnt get 100% then wow, lol ur defo gna get 100% indian wow for sure ull get 100% dw abt it, ur so clver 100 % definitely
er, say what?
:confused:

(Original post by insparato)
Thats the way i did it Danniella
Now I just have to hope I either caught or avoided all the careless mistakes I usually make. Not much chance of that one... :rolleyes:

love danniella
insparato
Rep:
?
(Original post by dec0!)
LOL.
insparato
Rep:
?
(Original post by danniella)
er, say what?
:confused:

Now I just have to hope I either caught or avoided all the careless mistakes I usually make. Not much chance of that one... :rolleyes:

love danniella
Danniella tis sarcasm (at its best) =).
danniella
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah. I think I'm just being a bit slow today. My bad. (stick to the maths danniella, it's more within your capabilities than sarcasm at the moment... )

love danniella
Coolraj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK... now that C1 and C2 are over, what are you guys revising for... I still got mechanics in few days and been trying to do some past papers... mechanics requires more concentration than C2 and I couldn't seem to be able to get my self to do it... any thoughts?
insparato
Rep:
?
I got M1 in 13 days .
N0_1_Indian
Report 12 years ago
i aint worryin i know i got 100%.
peace out.
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by N0_1_Indian)
i aint worryin i know i got 100%.
peace out.
Confidence or what!
insparato
Rep:
?
It would be hilarious if you didnt, you could've easily dropped a minus sign forgetten to put a c on the second last question. Theres being confident you've done well and being overly confident. I hope you didnt tell anyone in real life you were gonna get 100% because seriously you'll look like total fool people dont forget things like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise